Arnold N. Moss
14, Blackbird Road, Crimpington, Essex. CO1 7SJ.
Tel. 01234 - 764521 email: email@example.com
Career objective: to take my proven engineering and project management skills to the next stage of management responsibility.
• Leadership: I led the development of a product specification that has been approved and will save the company £200k per annum.
• Well developed project management skills: I am studying for Prince 2 certification in my spare time and currently have responsibility for leading part of an industrial control system upgrade.
• Good IT skills: Proficiency in Fortran, Cobol and Java programming languages.
• Strong organisational skills: Applied in a variety of situations to achieve deadlines. I am used to working on several projects concurrently.
• Strong interpersonal skills: Get on well with people at all levels and easily form good working relationships. I was part of a team sent to our plant in Thailand to help train colleagues in a new system.
• Bags of initiative: I can work independently or as part of a team.
• Adaptable and quick to learn new skills.
JFK Turbines, Tilbury, 2007 – present
Senior Engineer: Develop project specifications with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines. Discuss and help solve complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers.
Chuggington Bucyrus, Boston, 2001 – 2007
Engineer: Part of a team that designed and implemented cost-effective modifications that improve safety, reliability and throughput of our products.
Metallurgy Max, Norwich, 1999 - 2000
Assistant Engineer: One-year placement as part of sandwich course. General support duties as part of a maintenance team.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Brunel University, 1997 - 2001
BSc in Mechanical engineering class 2.1
Modules included Advanced solid body mechanics, Advanced thermofluids, and Advanced modelling
Grimsby High School, 1985 - 1997
4 A Levels: Physics (B), Chemistry (B), Maths (B), Further Maths (C)
9 GCSEs including English, Mathematics, Science.
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
Keen trumpet player - I played trumpet in the brass band at Chuggington’s where we performed at various social events as well as being runner-up in regional brass band finals. Enjoy listening to music and playing football in the park for fun and fitness.
• Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
• Fluent German speaker
• Full, clean driving licence
Dr. Al Bright
Tel: 10227 827006
Mr N. Parker
End of Page 2 of CV for Arnold Moss
Arnold N. Moss