This job is no longer available
- Responsible for evaluating the product and service concepts received from Guest Experience and developing the onboard standards and service processes, carrying out onboard trials to validate the effective delivery, work closely with Catering team in ensuring the service equipment is loaded according to cabin crew operational requirements prior to the production of cabin crew manuals.
- Responsible for developing the In-flight Chef programme standards, food and beverage standards in accordance with the meal plans developed so cabin crew have a wider knowledge of the food preparation and heating guidelines.
- Lead project teams/be a part of development steering committee for introduction of new products and services in close co-ordination with procurement, guest services, guest experience, training, catering, finance, department heads.
- Project team member for all development of IFE system and programming and cabin connectivity systems, development of CBT learning modules for increasing awareness of connectivity programmes and development of operational processes for cabin crew.
- Manage and document all product information for reference and distribution as appropriate through the Technical Writer. Build a library/reference of product information and ensure this is constantly updated.
- Ensure thorough investigation and evaluation of cabin crew reports on shortfalls in product and service standards that potentially impact guest experience. Recommend improvements as a result working with key stakeholders to ensure consistency is maintained.
- Responsible for evaluating the trends through analysis of Coaching, Training, Checkers and Performance reports and ensure remedial action is taken for any area in First Class where the product and service standards are not effectively performing to the set standards.
- Work in close co-operation with Guest Services sections - performance, training, operations, safety and service delivery to ensure that product and service standards and expectations are understood by all in order that they are able to lead their teams in training, coaching or performance managing the set standards.
- Maintain cabin crew flying licence and will be required to fly as part of the operating cabin crew, minimum of one flight per month. Must ensure is up to date on all safety and service responsibilities.
- Deputise for Manager Business Class Product & Service Standards in their absence
- Educated to university degree or equivalent
- Food &Beverage, restaurant management, executive chef or hotel management experience is an added advantage
- Cabin Manager, In-flight Chef or Food & Beverage Manager with Etihad
- Minimum 12 months flying capacity as an onboard leader
- Proven technical culinary skills
- Excellent knowledge of food and wine
- Excellent performance record
- Professional qualifications in hospitality management.
- Must have excellent safety, product and customer service knowledge.
- Must have successfully completed safety and service training within Etihad
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills in English
- Good understanding and knowledge of food safety regulations and requirements, customer service culture.
- Understands the needs and requirements of a large multicultural work group in an airline or hotel environment.
- Understands the culture and values of the UAE.