This job is no longer available
In 1959, dnata was a small ground-handling operation with just five staff members. Today, we're the fourth largest combined air services provider in the world with over 20,000 employees across five continents. Our expertise in ground handling, cargo, travel, and flight catering has earned us over 30 awards and the admiration of the industry.
Today, our business can be found in 38 countries providing customers our expertise in ground handling, cargo, travel, and flight catering.
We don't just deliver your baggage or the holiday of a lifetime-we help keep the promises you make to your family, clients and business partners.
Every day, we'll help almost 192,442 passengers continue safely on their way - and they trust they'll be reunited with their bags at the end of their journey. It's the basic promise that keeps air travel viable. So we don't take any chances. Our team of experts works behind the scenes to ensure that passengers don't give what we do a second thought.
We thrive in some of the world's busiest airports. We know you expect a seamless experience from check-in to baggage delivery and our job is to ensure we deliver just that in the 21 airports we operate.
Our cargo operation spans three continents and handles 4,766 tons of cargo a day (about the weight of an elephant every minute.) And we're innovating everywhere we do business. Handheld scanners let us track shipments in real time to manage 'paperless' aircraft turnarounds. Such advances mean that in some locations we can process express cargo in under an hour. Handling perishable goods, from flowers to food, are part of our daily life. Even under the most extreme conditions, our ground crews make sure the promise each box contains arrives safely at its destination.
Whatever your destination - we'll help you reach it. Every day, 2,108 travellers trust us with their plans. From holidays of romance and discovery, to the logistics of getting people wherever their work demands - we make plans that fit yours.
We manage everything from business and incentive travel and worldwide tour operations - covering leisure, sports and active holidays-through to hotel sales and marketing representation, offshore and marine services, and government and corporate services.
Our in-flight catering businesses deliver, on average, over 128,000 meals on a daily basis. For us, it's about getting the basics right - then adding a dash of imagination. The result? Tempting food that every passenger looks forward to savouring.
Our in-flight catering business expanded from an operation in Singapore when we acquired Alpha Flight Group Limited in 2010. This growth helps us bring quality you can taste to passengers flying through 62 airports across 12 countries.
Plans and manages the Load Control service for all airlines to implement and deliver a safe, punctual departure of all aircraft departing from Dubai Airports and outstations airports for CLC airlines.
The business unit is accountable for accurate weight & balance functions for contracted customer airlines through the use of Departure Control Systems (DCS) or manual Load Control methods, complying at all times with all International, Airline, Aircraft and local regulatory requirements.
Provide Centralised Load Control (CLC) function for Emirates Airlines and Fly Dubai.
- Develop and implement the business strategy and related policies/procedures (3-5 year time scales) for the Centralised Load Control business.
- Monitor and be aware of all changing market situations, and continuously adapt the business strategy to meet the environmental conditions and challenges of the future. To track competitor activity and recommend changes in processes, systems, strategy for business growth to address these needs.
- Manages the Load Control section, ensuring that Weight & Balance requirements are provided according to the Airline Operating Manual and Government / International regulatory requirements. Ensures all Load Control staff are current on required Aircraft licences, together with other mandatory courses. Constantly analyses procedures, practices and available technology to ensure Dnata maintains its position as the leading provider of load control services and the leading ground handler in the Middle East.
- Directs and manages the efficient running of the Load Control department, to achieve operational targets and the highest levels of service delivery in line with Customer requirements and ISO standards. Critically analyses all service failures identified during Aircraft turnarounds and recommends corrective measures.
- Stipulates the safety of staff, equipment and facilities in accordance with corporate, local and international standards. In cooperation with the Safety & Compliance department, promote and develop a safety culture within the business unit to continually raise awareness and motivate safe behaviours
- Manage the delivery of cost effective services within agreed budget. Monitor and control costs through effective resource management of staff in cooperation with Resource Planning and Real Time allocation unit. Continual review and adjustment of expenditure to meet fluctuations in demand to deliver savings against budget and forecasts
- Liaises with National Recruitment to proactively ensure that suitable Nationals are sourced for the department in line with department?s Emiratisation strategy. Create an environment which is conducive to the growth of a national workforce. Establish a robust development and succession plan within the department to ensure an uninterrupted supply of suitably skilled and qualified personnel.
- Define the customer support strategy for the CLC. Influences Customer Airlines, Airport Authorities and third-parties to ensure that safe load control best practices are carried out at CLC outstation airports. Liaises closely with the customer airlines, DAC ,GCAA to maintain operational standards within legal requirements.
- Drive innovative solutions and initiate continuous improvement through team creativity and ensure a collaborative approach with other dnata business units within Airport Operations. To include the use of all dnata mandated technological solutions (INFORM, PROVEO, AACS etc). Constantly analyses procedures, practices and available technology to maintain best practice with a specific focus on Safety.
Salary & Benefits:We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1="Dh3.66." Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation, power and water paid for, along with transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the 'Dubai Lifestyle' section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree or Honours (12 3 or equivalent)
- 10 years experience in an Airline or Ground Handling Company with experience in a similar capacity.
- Management experience with an international airline or ground handling agent.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of airport handling procedures in areas of ground operations, dispatch & load control, passenger services, baggage and ramp services.
- Effective inter-personal skills, passion for service excellence, results, change management and safety
To Apply:To express your interest in the above vacancy please apply on-line by clicking below, and complete our application form. We will then consider your application and contact you should we wish to shortlist you for an interview. Should you not receive an invitation for an interview within 5 weeks please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. We will retain your details for 12 months unless advised otherwise and re-consider you for future opportunities as they arise. Please also note that if you are not shortlisted you can also update your application at anytime and apply for other opportunities. Thank you for your interest in a career with the Emirates Group.