This job is no longer available
The Emirates Group is a highly profitable business with a turnover of approximately US$ 12 billion and over 50,000 employees. The Group comprises of dnata, the successful Airport Ground Services and Travel Industry division, and Emirates, the Group's rapidly expanding and award winning international Airline. Emirates global network now sees it flying to over 110 destinations across 6 continents, operating a modern fleet of over 150 wide-bodied aircraft. Today the Airline has orders worth over US$ 68 billion for 200 more of the latest aircraft, with plans to operate to many more destinations in the months and years ahead. Essential to our continued business success as we expand will be the ongoing employment of high quality people to join our multi-cultural team of over 150 nationalities.
Dubai, a tourism centre and modern cosmopolitan city with high standards of healthcare, education and leisure pursuits for residents offers those we hire one of the most desirable lifestyle locations in the world. In addition to lifestyle and tax free salary benefits, the Emirates Group also offers professional development opportunities to help employees develop new skills and grow their careers successfully. Discover your future!
To work as a customer-focussed frontline employee assisting the Shift in-charge by managing all the resources pertaining to the relevant area, and optimally controlling & directing the available resources (manpower & equipment) to achieve the specific area objectives. Accountable for ensuring that adequate resources, are planned and deployed in all areas, and that all equipment used is in serviceable condition, and that all personnel work as per safety rules and regulations.
Ramp: Responsible for the SAFE and punctual operation of aircraft activities in line with the various airline requirements while ensuring that the highest levels of Customer Service are consistently delivered. Responsible for overseeing the safe and expeditious loading and unloading of aircraft.
Baggage: To ensure Baggage activities in all areas (Interline/Dep make-up/Arrival) are carried out in accordance with Safety & Security legislation and local SOPs, and ensure make-up/breakdown activities are undertaken as per the individual requirements of all carriers, achieving the highest standard of customer service
- Monitor all the flights and ensure that all activities are carried out as per the various airline requirements, the Service Level Agreements with regard to baggage and cargo make-up and/or(new) delivery are adhered to and that the on-time-performance (OTP) of flights are maintained.
- Manage and motivate the performance and productivity of the teams within the specific area of responsibility, and collaborate with peers and different sections of Dnata Airport Operations to achieve the most productive, cost effective and responsive quality solution for all activities and issues.
- Maintain regular co-ordination and communication with the other supervisors and allocators on the shift to ensure that all activities are synchronised, adequately covered, & that cross-utilisation of resources is achieved where necessary. Proactively identify and deal with operational issues, and work with allocators to solve as required. Ensure that the handover process from one shift to the other is carried out in an efficient manner.
- Provide specialist knowledge, expert guidance, advice, and supervision by personally dealing with exceptions or complaints including but not limited to; non-standard loading/offloading on any aircraft, baggage ID, screening & security baggage & offloading issues etc.
- While ensuring compliance to the corporate safety standards & safe practices conduct preliminary investigations into any incidents / accidents / loading / baggage discrepancies and provide the operational management with reports of any / all irregularities faced during the shift. Complete all accident / incident reports relating to personnel, a/c loading equipment operation, baggage makeup etc. Carry-out an awareness of the prescribed DCA and DNATA Safety Standards amongst all staff and enforce compliance.
- Take supervisory responsibility for a specific group of staff. Regularly monitor performance and conduct periodic on-job performance reviews and audits. Identify training needs and forward training/refresher recommendations in order to enhance & maintain the professional knowledge level of staff. Conduct follow-up on-job mentoring to all new staff and provide progress reports to the On-Job-Trainers and Line Managers.
- Maintain proper housekeeping of Ramp areas and Baggage halls ensuring that all inbound dead load is expeditiously dispatched to their appropriate sortation / acceptance areas and that all the equipment are parked at their designated bays. Ensure that all equipment is serviceable before the beginning of each shift, and that unserviceable equipment is tagged as such and sent to the workshop for servicing/repairs. Maintain a clean ramp and baggage environment by ensuring that the bays are free of FOD (Foreign Objects Debris) before and after every flight handling and all halls are clear, safe, and organised.
- Develop & maintain contact with the various airline representatives and proactively solve ground handling issues before they escalate out of control.
- Ensure that all airline property/ULDs entrusted to DNATA within the relevant area are used and handled safely and in accordance with the individual carrier requirements or IATA guidelines.
Salary & Benefits:
- We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund. It has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1= Dh3.66. Besides travel benefits normally associated with an airline, more information on employee benefits is available within the 'Working Here' section of this site. By viewing the 'Dubai Lifestyle' section in the site you can also consider the benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Experience and Qualifications:
- ?O? level or equivalent with 6 years of experience (of which at least 2 years in a Supervisory Role) in a Ground handling/Airline industry, or similar dynamic environment.
- OR ?A? level or equivalent with 5 years of experience (of which at least 2 years in a Supervisory Role) in a Ground handling/Airline industry, or similar dynamic environment (strong preference for 2 years under the wing experience)
- Driving Licence (UAE preferred)
- Must have excellent analytical skills and be able to quickly respond to dynamic changes during the shift
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and be able to effectively convey his/her proposed recommendations and changes.
Operational Training Standards/ Courses:
Detailed Knowledge of Weights and Balances e.g. Equivalent to LC 2
Dangerous Goods Handling
Ramp Safety Awareness Course and ALM (Airside Load Mgmt)
Must have knowledge of systems used at the airport including DMIS, RMS and AGSS.
Must have knowledge of RMS and other relevant systems related to Baggage Services
To Apply:To express your interest in the above vacancy please apply on-line by clicking below, and complete our application form. We will then consider your application and contact you should we wish to shortlist you for an interview. Should you not receive an invitation for an interview within 5 weeks please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. We will retain your details for 12 months unless advised otherwise and re-consider you for future opportunities as they arise. Please also note that if you are not shortlisted you can also update your application at anytime and apply for other opportunities. Thank you for your interest in a career with the Emirates Group.
Please click the Apply now button and search for reference:AAS/RC/19079