Project Office Manager
The Project Office Manager manages the overall Project Office functions. Typically, the Project Office Manager is also the lead for the specialized project management tasks such as detailed planning and tracking. Responsibilities
- Planning, set-up and management of the IT Department Project Office
- Ensure alignment of projects with the Corporate Governance Framework for Projects
- Takes responsibility for the provision of portfolio, programme and project office services to a number of projects within Etihad Airways IT and management of the IT Department Service Portfolio
- Advises on the available standards, procedures, methods, templates tools and techniques for Project and Programme Management. Evaluates project and/or programme performance and recommends changes where necessary. Contributes to reviews and audits of project and programme management to ensure conformance to standards.
- Reviewing the work, controlling, guidance and advice for project teams
- Involvement at projects' Initiation phase: Ensure project team has a realistic project plan; review critical issues and risks to ensure they have been thoroughly documented and appropriate mitigation activities are identified
- Involvement at projects' Execution phase: Validate deliverables against the business case; monitor expenses against budget; monitor work progress against schedule baseline; monitor project issues for resolution; ensure escalation of unresolved issues; monitor project risks for any management methodology; process any change requests that are escalated, because going beyond the scope of the individual project; ensure project communications are regular and accurate
- Involvement at projects' Close-out phase: Participate in the post-project review; get stakeholder agreement and buy-off that project objectives have been met and project benefits will be realized
- Delivery of timely management reports
- Prince 2 Practitioner
- University degree or equivalent qualification
- Optionally recognized professional Airline Management or Computer Science qualification
- 10+ years of experience leading teams in the area of practice domain.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel