- As a senior member of team of IT Operations team and Database Administrators, is required to manage the systems for the data security, data integrity, and high availability.
- Implement an effective database backup and recovery strategy to protect the company's data.
- Manage and co-ordinate among team of Consultants, and other team members to provide maximum efficiency to the production systems. Also working closely with project managers, business managers, cross functional teams for reporting and vendors for issue diagnosis and bug fixing.
- Give guidance to the team of database administrators in providing support to design and develop the databases, monitor and tune for efficient performance and provide 24x7 support to ensure maximum uptime of critical applications.
- Discuss with project managers/vendors and get requirements to design and create the database for applications to enable efficient storage and retrieval of company's data.
- Ensure comprehensive security controls and impose on the database to protect highly sensitive and confidential company information against unauthorized access.
- Ensure the databases are regularly monitored and periodic reorganization is carried out to enable users to have most efficient access with acceptable response times.
- Develop a backup and recovery strategy and implement the same to protect company's data against the possible disasters.
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate solutions to seamlessly integrate all applications and databases for effective information sharing and timely management reporting.
- Research and identify new technologies/products, evaluate and recommend if found beneficial to the business.
- Resolve technical problems & issues relating to application databases (escalate to vendors if requires) and to restore to normal operation ensuring minimal inconvenience to the users.
- Effectively manage projects for implementation, migration and up gradation of applications and databases.
- Ensure the systems are upgraded to latest levels by applying Patches and provide the effective reporting to management.
- OCM - Oracle Configuration Manager
- Degree level education from a University preferably in science discipline.
- 6 years of experience with at least 4 years in managing large Oracle databases.
- Oracle RAC