This job is no longer available
To manage, develop and facilitate comprehensive training strategies to support corporate goals with regards to Safety and Emergency Procedures training (SEP) and as well as manage resources in terms of time, product and people in order to deliver world class training programmes.Responsibilities
- Select, lead, develop and manage a core team of Training professionals (Instructors/Lead Instructors/) as well as (Cabin Crew) Part Time Trainers. The jobholder would also be required to monitor and conduct on-job performance feedback and coaching to ensure that set annual aims and objectives are achieved and at the same time contribute to the on-going continual professional development of those individuals identified
Supervise the design, the development and the delivery of SEP related training programs in order to meet departmental (and third party) needs, in compliance with national and international regulations and standards as well as best training practices.
Liaise with all relevant line departments within the airline to ensure that appropriate training needs/requirements and Trend analysis are highlighted / established and related documentation, policies and procedures are implemented as required.
Prepare and submit Capital and Expense budgets as well as monitor annual costs associated with the SEP Training Unit to meet planned growth requirements set by Etihad Management. This will incorporate strategic thinking in minimizing training costs through analysis and selection of appropriate training methods and resources, while at the same time ensuring quality and effectiveness as well as identification and exploitation of Third Party revenue generation opportunities.
Produce, devise and implement relevant policies and procedures specific to the development of SEP training function, creating an opportunity of growth and development for all employees within the Etihad Academy
Provide a consultancy role for EY employees across the organization, other training units for conducting special projects and research initiatives as required. This should be in roles related to development of staff and business requirements.
· University degree or equivalent OR 5 years experience in a similar role
· Recognized qualification in Training and Development, Education, HR or Organizational Development.
· A valid GCCA license.
· Minimum 5 years experience in training and development.
· Experience in training needs analysis, training evaluation and subsequent course design.
· Minimum 3 years in a "Lead/Senior Instructor "or "Assistant Manager "role.
· An airline experience as a flying crew member is required.
Training & Knowledge:
· Certified trainer or recognized training qualification.
· Well developed communication and interpersonal skills.
· Sound presentation skills.
· Computer literate.
· Full awareness of the national and international regulatory standards related to the aviation industry (IOSA, CAR OPS & GCAA).