This job is no longer available
Our customer is a world leader in the manufacture of composite components, with an unrivalled reach into Aerospace, Automotive, Space & Defence markets.
Due to a period of significant growth they are seeking to appoint a Senior Design Engineer to be based at their operation in the South West UK region.
Reporting directly to the Head of Design, the Senior Design Eng is responsible for the technical quality of work performed by the FEC Design Engineering Organisation. Additionally the Senior Design Eng will support business winning activity, ensuring that all bids and proposals are properly compiled, reviewed and approved for release to the customer.
The Senior Design Eng will also act as the single point of contact, representing the Design Function in the company Technology Road Map, working with the Technology Lead Manager to adopt and embed the use of new technologies such as Additive Manufacturing, Linear Friction Welding and Automated Assembly within new design methodologies.
- Oversight of technical quality across all FEC design projects
- Independent peer review of non FEC projects (eg BLADE)
- Chairmanship of key internal gates and Design Reviews
- Provision of technical advice to both design and concession teams
- New business engagement to understand customer needs and propose solutions
- Signatory for key design documentation such as technical specifications, proposals and where required, drawings.
- Working to establish “best practice” principles within Design at FEC as part of the European Engineering Organisation
- Representation of the design function as part of the company technology roadmap
- Acting as mentor to junior engineers, providing coaching to develop their skills and allow them to become signatories.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Applicant must have a strong background in aerospace engineering relating to primary aircraft structure
Minimum 15 years aerospace industry experience
Degree/HND or equivalent qualification
Knowledge of design tools
Familiarity with manufacturing, procurement and assembly constraints
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading name in today’s Aerospace component manufacturing industry, an attractive annual salary and benefits package will be awarded to the successful applicant.
A full job spec is available on request.
Contact Simon Portway for full details.
Only candidates with the right to live and work in the EU will be considered.
Regrettably only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.