This job is no longer available
Supplier Quality Specialist
An opportunity has arisen within Boeing Commercial Airplanes to hire a Supplier Quality Specialist, based in the South Wales area in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity and will involve working on premier seat products for Boeing Commercial Aircraft including the technologically advanced 787 Dreamliner programme.
This is a field representative position primarily based at a seat manufacturer in Cwmbran, however additional travelling may be required to support other suppliers around or outside the UK region. The position will be home-office based but supporting the on-site inspection of hardware the majority of the time. It will require a highly self motivated individual, capable of being self-directing with minimal supervision.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
• Inspection of seat and other interior hardware, Represents the company at suppliers to ensure that suppliers' quality system, processes and products meet purchase contract requirements and applicable regulatory agency and government regulations.
• Performs onsite program responsibilities to support Boeing Supplier Quality organization.
• Position requires the implementation of supplier management processes including assessment of supplier capability and capacity and management of supplier performance in the technical areas of quality and schedule adherence.
• Plans, organizes, and conducts on-site audits, surveys, and inspections of Boeing procured material, parts and assemblies.
• Monitors and reports on supplier quality-related activities to verify Quality System, product and contract, or purchase order compliance.
• Ensures that suppliers document and maintain an approved Quality System to meet the appropriate company or customer requirements.
• Conducts training programs and coordinates company initiatives to improve supplier performance and productivity.
• Prepares, maintains, and reviews quality procedures to ensure compliance with customer and government requirements.
• Provides technical expertise to company employees, suppliers, customers, and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with contractual, company, and regulatory requirements, such as conducting FAA conformity inspections.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration: Do you have current rights to live and work in the UK?
• Although an Engineering Degree is desirable, comparable education and experience in the inspection of aircraft hardware will be considered.
• Ideally to perform this role you will need working knowledge of AS9100 alongside experience of the inspection of Aircraft components.
• The applicant will be expected to embrace opportunities for career development to Level 3 and beyond, and to become an FAA ODA designee.
• This position will be based at Zodiac Seats UK, Cwmbran, Wales, so therefore a background in seat manufacture or aircraft interiors will be an advantage.
Other Job related information:
Other Job related information: Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. IT IS NOT FOR AN EXPAT ASSIGNMENT. Benefits and pay are determined in line with local country labor market practices. Please list all of the Countries in which you are a citizen and/or have work authorization for on the top of your resume. Immigration sponsorship may be provided to qualified candidates as required.