Flight Crew Personnel Manager
Flight Crew Personnel Manager – Employee & Industrial Relations
Department: Flight Operations
We are seeking an experienced Human Resources professional for a key role in the Flight Operations Department. Your primary role will be to manage Flight Crew personnel matters to continually develop and improve relationships between the Flight Crew community, recognised Trade Unions and the Company.
• Act as a key point of contact for Flight Crew in respect of personnel matters
• Implement and manage the contractual requirements of the various Conditions of Service, Collective and Enterprise Agreements and clarify their content as necessary
• Manage the Discipline and Grievance process in conjunction with GMF/Personnel teams
• Case management of Tribunal / Arbitration / Legal activities as required
• Represent the Company, the FOP department or the Flight Crew Personnel section at industry conferences and standing and ad hoc meetings and committees.
• Supporting the Personnel & Industrial Manager – Flight Crew with industrial relations between the Company and the Flight Crew, including negotiations.
• Keep fully informed about trends and changes related to Flight Crew at other air carriers
• Maintain a world-wide database of Flight Crew salary and benefits and other employment data, in accordance with the Company’s Competition Compliance Policy
• Provide policy advice to Flight Operations Managers
• University degree holder in Human Resources discipline or equivalent
• Minimum of 6 years Human Resources or relevant operational experience at management level, preferably with airline background
• Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English a requirement
• Experience in negotiations and union relationship management is an asset
• Good understanding of applicable employment legislation in various jurisdictions such as Australia, Canada, Europe and Hong Kong
• Flexibility to fit into a structured, professional environment
• Knowledge and skills to manage several key tasks at once and to see projects to completion
• Excellent analytical capacity
• Excellent computer skills, particularly with MS Office products
• Prepared to travel overseas frequently
• Ability to work and liaise effectively at every level of the organization
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.