This job is no longer available
The job holder will be responsible for the structural design, analysis and optimisation of all composite components designed onsite.
· Static and dynamic stress analysis of composite structures using Finite Element Modelling software and the documentation of such.
· Drive structural optimisation initiatives to bring about cost and weight savings in all new products improving overall structural efficiency and effectiveness.
· Develop the structural analysis capability within the team through validation of theoretical and computational results against test.
· Provide expert consultation to the IPT (Integrated Product Team) and other multi-disciplinary teams across the facility on all composite related structural issues such as structural performance and repairs.
· Conduct thermal analyses to optimise manufacturing cycle times of composite components.
· Recommends alterations and enhancements to improve quality of products and procedures.
· Other duties as deemed relevant to the position.
· Strong Technical Expertise; the ability to provide technical guidance and advice in area of specialism.
· Strong Data Analysis and Problem Solving Skills; a can do attitude with the ability to effectively analyse data, identify issues, find solutions and deliver results.
· Results Orientation; the ability to effectively deliver results in line with changing business needs.
· Excellent Communication Skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels in order to ensure business objectives are met.
· Good Organisation and Prioritisation Skills; ability to effectively organise and prioritise work across a number of projects.
· Team Working; strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work individually or as part of a team and ensure diversity is valued.
· Degree level qualification in Engineering or a related discipline
· 1 years’ working or 3 years’ research experience in FEM (Finite Element Modelling)
· EU Member Passport Holder.
· 2 Year’s working experience of optimising composite structures using FE methods.
· 3 Year's working experience in FEM.
· 2 Year’s working experience of composite materials and associated manufacturing techniques.
· 1 Year’s working experience using ANSYS.