This job is no longer available
Tomorrow you could be living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Starting with two aircraft and a handful of enthusiastic people, we have grown at a phenomenal rate. We are now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents.
We are looking for people to join our global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines. If you are a high performer, seeking unparalleled career opportunities, join the Emirates team and help us create the future of travel.
The Position: To ensure the effective design, development and delivery of training programmes/projects to internal customers and third parties. To ensure courses are consistently aligned with Service Delivery and Corporate objectives and are fully compliant with relevant legislation. Manage and support a team of Cabin Crew Training Officers (TO's) and Cabin Crew Part Time Trainers (PTT's).
1. Conduct Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and liaise with business areas to review existing course syllabi and/or develop project scope and related syllabi to continue to meet the learner needs, Service Delivery objectives as well as identifying short and long term future requirements.
2. Responsible for the instructional design and implementation of training programmes for Cabin Crew, Flight Deck and third parties as required to ensure Service Delivery and Corporate objectives are met. Responsible for quality assurance, ensuring all GCAA regulatory standards/changes and all related Service Delivery initiatives are incorporated into relevant training modules/programmes to ensure accuracy and currency of course content.
3. Deliver, as the lead trainer for the module/course/project, a range of training courses relevant to the area of trainer expertise to a multicultural audience so as to meet all necessary regulations and standards, ensuring alignment with Service Delivery and Corporate objectives. Identify delivery platform options to maximise a learner centred approach and to minimise operational impact.
4. Support the Cabin Crew Training (CCT) Managers in conducting selection centres for TO's/PTT's and delivering relevant programmes such as Train the Trainer, along with participating as an assessor and/or auditor for ILM, Safety management or other related programmes as and when required.
5. Provide monthly reporting to Cabin Crew Management and other relevant stakeholders and liaise with them regarding training/project portfolio. Ensure all required licensing and supporting documentation is completed and processed. Feedback to CCT Manager regarding post course evaluation and provide details of resulting enhancements/amendments to be made to the module/course. Maintain and encourage a culture of continuous improvement through ongoing evaluation of course design and delivery.
6. To liaise with other stakeholder training and development units to identify possible areas for training business process improvement and to assist in defining requirements, testing and implementation of resulting systems and processes.
7. Support CCT Manager as required with preparing annual budgetary submissions through advice regarding resources requirements, infrastructure needs and budget requirements for area of responsibility. Monitor on an ongoing basis training costs to ensure they remain within the approved budget. In conjunction with CCT Support Manager plan and monitor TO and PTT monthly rosters as well as subsequent changes to effectively meet approved manpower requirements. Maximise productivity of core team of TO's and utilisation of PTT's.
8. Maintain continued professional development by updating knowledge and skills in relevant area of expertise and responsibility and across the Airline industry. Disseminate this knowledge to colleagues and trainees.
Where the leadership focus of the role is Project/Portfolio based:-
9.a Provide reporting as per Project guidelines to defined stakeholders as well as feedback to CCT Manager and CCT Management team regarding post course evaluation.
10.a Project manage training projects to meet specified quality criteria, on time and within budget, reporting on effectiveness of project deliverables to the relevant CCT Manager. Lead the project team and assess performance against productivity and performance measures in order to provide feedback to individuals and line managers.
Where the leadership focus of the role is Team based:-
9.b Guide TO's/PTT's in compiling end of course confidential report for trainees, remaining accountable for overall accuracy and quality of the report. Liaise with Cabin Crew Management and HR to recommend and implement performance improvement interventions including disciplinary action where appropriate.
10.b Provide leadership and direction to a core team of TO's and PTT's through evaluation, coaching and continuous assessment. Identify individual development needs and ensure development plans are progressed. Conduct bi-annual performance reviews along with regular evaluations in alignment with Service Delivery management objectives and Corporate Performance Management standards to ensure training best practices are being employed and to support the continual professional development of the CCT team.
Salary & Benefits: We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
- Degree in Business / Training/ HR / Hotel / Hospitality / Bar Management / Learning or related discipline. Plus 5 years relevant job experience including training roles (course design and delivery) and supervisory roles.
- 12 years schooling or equivalent. Plus 8 years relevant job experience including training roles (course design and delivery) and supervisory roles.
Additional role specific qualifications and experience required:
Image and Uniform Training
- Accreditation and qualification and/or experience in one or more of the following:- Brand Management/Consultancy, image consultancy, beauty (skin care &/or makeup), hairstylingand colouring, nail care, or fitness and nutrition.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products and able to use Multimedia as a training tool.
- High standard of written and spoken English and high level interpersonal skills.
- Preferred experience of writing comprehensive reports and gathering and analysing data