This job is no longer available
Tomorrow you could be living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Starting with two aircraft and a handful of enthusiastic people, we have grown at a phenomenal rate. We are now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents.
We are looking for people to join our global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines. If you are a high performer, seeking unparalleled career opportunities, join the Emirates team and help us create the future of travel.
Senior Clinical Psychologist – the role holder will provide a full range of psychological services, inclusive of mental health and emotional well-being services, across the Group in the clinical context, adhering to international standards and professional requirements. Clinical Psychologists will clinically assess, diagnosis, evaluate and provide appropriate treatment to support employees and family members, in order to alleviate problems that affect employee's wellbeing to improve overall productivity, safety & service.
- Conduct thorough clinical assessment/evaluation to ensure underlying issues are identified in staff and family members, and to determine if individuals are fit for safety critical roles across the business.
- Carry a clinical caseload, mostly brief therapy and other counselling, leading to enhanced quality of staff wellbeing and ability to function effectively in the workplace.
- Recommend ways to identify and combat areas affecting safety e.g. fatigue, sleep, stress etc ensuring effective measures are being followed on par with international standards.
- Proactively develop and deliver workshops/trainings to all across the Group depending on the business requirement and an understanding of the business and its challenges. This may be to support staff and managers facing challenges of continuous expansion, growth and business or other psycho education requirements as necessary.
- Work to develop a multidisciplinary team approach to managing more serious cases within the organisation.
- Research and benchmark international practices particularly in the area of Clinical Aviation Psychology, recommending appropriate adaptation in the company, keeping in mind the business needs.
- The right candidate would also be responsible for supervising others with clinical responsibilities to ensure our clinical practice remains at the highest possible standard.
Salary & Benefits:We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE.
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 6 years experience post Masters experience, a PhD in Clinical Psychology would be an added advantage.
- Qualified to use a range of clinical assessment tools is essential.
- Qualifications and experience as a clinical supervisor will be highly regarded.
- Expertise in clinical therapy is essential especially working with depression, anxiety and adjustment issues; experience in brief therapies an advantage.
- Depth of experience in CBT and additional qualifications in this area is also essential.
- Membership of the BPS, APS or other international professional body is essential as is the ability to be licenced by the UAE Ministry of Health &/or Dubai Health Authority (DHA) to practice Clinical Psychology.
- Should have worked in a Clinical and/or Aviation setting in private practice or in a corporate; multidisciplinary work experience is also helpful.
- Experience in delivering psycho education workshops would also be an advantage.
- Practical knowledge of the Gulf culture an advantage.
- Fluency in English language is essential both spoken and written. Ability to speak other languages will be added value.