This job is no longer available
At dnata, our style of delighting customers is unique. That's why we attract the best people in the industry - people who can apply imagination to their work. We are growing quickly - and we are looking for people to join our global family of 20,000 employees. As the fourth largest combined air services provider, our services on the ground keep the world in the air. You'll find dnata in 38 countries offering customers our expertise in ground handling, cargo, travel, and flight catering.
We believe in the power of our people - and we're always on the look-out for potential stars to help us deliver the promises our customers make. Be a part of our success story. If you want to join us, please visit emiratesgroupcareers.com to apply.
This role will be responsible to supervise, train, oversee and support the daily cruise operations requirement in general for Gulf Ventures (GV). This is in order to ensure that our clients are provided with the highest level of service. This will in turn, build customer confidence in our staff, resulting in good sales of excursions and increase the potential number of repeat clients.
In this role you will be required to:
- To deal with any staff issues pertaining to the development of the staff as individuals and as part of the team. This will include facilitating comprehensive in-house training for all the staff, as well as government, DTCM training for all Gulf Ventures? guides on an annual basis, where ever this is required. Further, the job holder is required to ensure, that all new information and procedures are passed on to the staff, either in the form of e-mails, amending the staff procedures manual or by holding regular meetings. This is to ensure that all Gulf Ventures staff perform to the highest standards and are always updated with the latest information of any developments that may be of interest to our clients.
- Ensure that all staff reports, feedback and complaints are received on time office in a timely manner. The job holder is required to check reports made by the staff and identify any shortcomings on service delivery and highlight the risk of liability to the company. The Job holder is also required to follow carry out an investigation in liaison with the Customer Service department, to establish the source of the problem/incident.
- To prepare and monitor the staff duty rosters to ensure fair distribution of work and optimum utilisation of down time, hence, improve productivity.
- The job holder is responsible to verify all proposed itineraries received from various units within GV especially the Cruise team to ensure that all functions/activities are feasible within our scope of operation. This is to ensure that the complete programme runs smoothly and in a timely manner. Any discrepancies must be advised to the account manager before the final itinerary is distributed.
- The job holder is responsible for ensuring that all monetary accounting pertaining to the guides are done in a timely manner and are as per procedures set by the department. This includes verifying all claims through petty cash and sales conducted on the tour are accounted for.
- Source, train and maintain a team of Freelance guides as per the required standards of Gulf Ventures. Ensuring that they are updated with the latest excursion information needed to conduct all Gulf Ventures tours. This is in order to ensure that in case any new markets or potential businesses come our way, we have enough staff to cope with the increase in demand for specialised language.
- Develop new tours in order to sustain and satisfy a growing demand in the market for better and newer excursions/ products including checking with new suppliers and setting up new relationships.
In order to apply for this role you must have the following:
- Educated up to 'A Level'
- 5 year experience in the service/tourism/ travel industry
- Computer literacy is essential.
- Must hold a valid UAE driving license or any international licence that can be converted to a UAE driving licence. The job-holder must have prior experience of leading and handling large teams of staff from various nationalities and different social backgrounds ensuring that a good atmosphere is maintained across the 3 teams.
- Fluency in one additional language such as German, French, and Italian is advantageous.