Procurement Specialist will be responsible:
- To assist in managing all procurement requirements in a given or group of product categories, helping to set category strategy, interfacing with internal customers and suppliers to ensure best value for the company in line with its strategic, financial and operational requirements.
- Ensure best value at all times for goods and services procured on behalf of the organisation. Interface with internal user departments and suppliers on procurement projects.
- Ensure user clearly defines requirements and obtains relevant approvals. Challenge user on volumes and specifications.
- Product and supplier sourcing.
- RFQ management and administration for high value and high priority requirements.
- Negotiation with suppliers on costs, commercial and contractual terms.
- Ensure conformance at all times of the organisation to Procurement process.
- Manage multiple procurement projects in tandem, prioritised according to company's strategic, financial and operational requirements.
- Be accountable for decisions taken and project delivery.
- Plan, delegate and monitor staff work appropriately and assist colleagues in problem resolution.
- Coaching and development of staff.
- Ability to work independently from managers, demonstrating forward planning, initiative, and business process improvement, whilst tackling extra duties as required.
- Degree level education.
- Procurement related vocational qualification and/or educational credits.
- 5-8 years experience in a procurement role.
- Airline, Middle East or strong product category experience.
- Strong communications skills (including good written and spoken English)
- Numeracy and the ability to present data clearly and accurately.
- Negotiation and Management skills.
More jobs like this