This job is no longer available
Temporary Avionics study bid team member/ Technical Translator:
Our customer is the UK's leading independent aerospace company, specialising in aircraft maintenance, modifications and support services. Located at its airport HQ in Cambridge, plus with offices in Australia, Canada and Netherlands they are perfectly placed at the forefront of today's Aerospace industry.
Due to a period of growth they are seeking to appoint the services of a French speaking Technical Translator to join their operation based in rural Cambridgeshire.
The candidate with ideally have an engineering background and/or has knowledge of the aerospace/aviation industry
Qualifications and experience:
* Formal qualification in French or be Fluent (Written and oral)
* Qualified to a foundation degree, BETEC HNC/HND or degree in aeronautical or aerospace engineering, avionics standard or other related engineering discipline.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
* Good Communication skills and ability to work in a dynamic environment as part of a team as well as under own volition.
Job Role/ Technical Translator:
* Interaction with the customer, Suppliers and industry partners as required
* Translating customer supplied documents from French to English
* Translating study deliverable documents into French
* The candidate will also be involved with estimating project costs and timescales, attending meetings, interpreting technical reports and manuals, and giving presentations to suppliers.