Small works and services supervisor
Small Works and Services Supervisor:
Our customer is the UK's leading independent aerospace company, specialising in aircraft maintenance, modifications and support services. Located at its airport HQ in Cambridge, plus with offices in Australia, Canada and Netherlands they are perfectly placed at the forefront of today's Aerospace industry.
Due to a period of growth they are seeking to appoint the services of a Small Works and Services Supervisor to join their operation based in rural Cambridgeshire.
This is a new position within the Facilities, Health, Safety & Environment (FHSE) Department. The prime purpose of the job is to manage the planning, safety, quality and timely delivery of Estates & Buildings Projects, typically valued around £10K - £15K. The position will report to the Estates & Buildings Manager.
The successful candidate will be expected to have good knowledge of the facility management sector, in particular refurbishment works and modification/installation of M&E equipment. The candidate will be able to provide meticulous planning, adapt to rapid changes in a positive manner and work to tight deadlines. The Department is seeking an individual who will promote a culture of innovation and creativity whilst retaining attention to detail ensuring quality and financial control over all aspects of the job.
* Liaising with the Estates & Buildings Manager and, on occasion, FHSE Project Team to plan, organise and deliver small works projects
* Preparing / arranging and issue all necessary Contractor Permits to Work.
* Reviewing contract documentation, Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
* Performing regular inspections of the work on site ensuring delivery on time, in budget and to required quality
* Upholding Marshall Aerospace Health, Safety, Environmental and Safe Operation procedures.
* The position will also be required to cover for the Estates & Buildings Supervisor during periods of absence.
* There may be some requirement to work weekends or evenings on occasion to supervise particular works.
Qualifications and experiences:
* verbal and written; line management experience within a FM or construction sector
* Supervisory related qualification (e.g. ILM Certificate) or demonstrable experience of working at supervisory level.
* Applicants should have a minimum of a IOSH Managing Safely Certificate (training to NEBOSH General Certificate will be provided)
* Experience and/or qualification in project delivery; budgetary control experience would be a distinct advantage.