Our customer is the UK's leading independent aerospace company, specialising in aircraft maintenance, modifications and support services. Located at its airport HQ in Cambridge, plus with offices in Australia, Canada and Netherlands they are perfectly placed at the forefront of today's Aerospace industry.
Due to a period of growth they are seeking to appoint the services of a Project Manager to join their operation based in rural Cambridgeshire.
The project Manager will augment and strengthen our Project Management, ideally educated to degree level or equivalent and with an Aerospace engineering background.
Reporting to the Programme Director the candidate will have responsibility for:
* Customer/partner/key supplier liaison and management
* To ensure all assigned projects are properly planned, organized, directed and monitored to meet customer requirements and agreed budget and timescales from the bid phase through to delivery
* To facilitate the identification of project risks and to ensure that all such risks are managed
* To be the prime point of contact with customers and partners
* To manage all assigned project activity within the business, which could include engineering, manufacturing, commercial, production and procurement
* To prepare and give presentations both within the business and to external parties
* To ensure project management activity is carried out in accordance with company procedures
* Travel to customers/suppliers locally or overseas and unsociable hours may at times be required
Qualifications and experience:
* Educated to degree standard or higher in an associated Aerospace discipline.
* The customer is seeking someone with APNP experience/qualifications, someone who has very strong leadership, commitment, development, complex nature, risk, planning, and commercial skills knowledge & experience.
* A working knowledge of Microsoft Project is essential.