Chief Operating Officer
CAE Parc Aviation on behalf of our client, a private operator, is seeking a very experienced operations professional to fulfil the role of Chief Operating Officer.
The successful candidate for this full time non flying role will be responsible for all matters pertaining to our client’s operations, including oversight of maintenance, safety and discipline, and regulatory compliance. The person will liaise with the Chief Pilot to maintain the highest standard of aviation safety and operational efficiency.
The Chief Operating Officer will report to the Board of Directors of our client and will have eight direct reports including flight crew, Operations and Maintenance personnel.
The Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for the following and the successful candidate will be required to have previous experience in these areas:
- The overall direction, coordination and management of staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and applicable laws.
- Establish, implement and administer the latest Aviation industry standards, policies and procedures, including safety standards to safeguard assets and ensure operational effectiveness.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training of employees; planning; assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To be accountable for and to manage the budget and operating costs of our client in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- To seek continuous improvement in operations, business processes, information technology, resource management and administration.
In addition to the experience of the responsibilities mentioned above the successful candidate will be required to have the following experience minimum qualifications:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management, Business Management or related field,
- Considerable Aviation Management experience preferably in Business Aviation, Maintenance, or experienced pilot with demonstrated management capabilities
Type of Credentials/Licenses (Holds or previously held):
- Airline Transport Pilot/Commercial pilot’s License (either FAA or JAA) rated on G550 and Falcon 7X
- Maintenance Engineer’s licenses on G550 and/or Falcon 7X and other large jet aircraft preferably business jets.
- Related Work Experience: at least 15 years
- Familiarity with international travel, international customs and practices.
- Experience working with both domestic and international vendors.
- Familiar with safety record and no breaches
- Excellent planning and administrative abilities
- Strong leadership qualities, high level of integrity to motivate team to work under pressure and maintain professional at all times.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Experienced manager in a multi cultural environment.
- Previous experience of aircraft sale, identification for fleet and purchase.
- Previous experience of working in South East Asia.
- Ability to plan and manage departmental annual budget
- Possesses PC skills including experience with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); MS Outlook; and Internet Explorer.
- Related Work Experience: 15 years preferably in a major airline or business jet operator with demonstrable operational responsibilities and management experience of minimum of 5 years.
- Or similar duration of experience with proven track record in Aircraft management, Aircraft Charter services and Aircraft maintenance with Global FBO’s
- Demonstrated and firm understanding of international travel, international customs and practices.
- Liaison experience with Aviation Authorities and/or other aviation industry agents.
This is a full time non flying role offering a direct hire with our client.
Our client is based in South East Asia and relocation is required to take up this full time position.
This will be discussed with short listed candidates and will reflect their experience and skills to fulfil this important role.
If you wish to have a discreet conversation about this position please call Sandra McGuirk or send an updated CV as an expression of interest quoting ESS24477.