Senior Contracts Executive
The Emirates Group is a highly profitable business with a turnover of approximately US$ 12 billion and over 50,000 employees. The Group comprises of dnata, the successful Airport Ground Services and Travel Industry division, and Emirates, the Group's rapidly expanding and award winning international Airline. Emirates global network now sees it flying to over 110 destinations across 6 continents, operating a modern fleet of over 150 wide-bodied aircraft. Today the Airline has orders worth over US$ 68 billion for 200 more of the latest aircraft, with plans to operate to many more destinations in the months and years ahead. Essential to our continued business success as we expand will be the ongoing employment of high quality people to join our multi-cultural team of over 150 nationalities.
Dubai, a tourism centre and modern cosmopolitan city with high standards of healthcare, education and leisure pursuits for residents offers those we hire one of the most desirable lifestyle locations in the world. In addition to lifestyle and tax free salary benefits, the Emirates Group also offers professional development opportunities to help employees develop new skills and grow their careers successfully. Discover your future!
The Position: The Job holder will be responsible to negotiate and obtain preferential rates for Non-Air products across multiple dnata booking channels i.e Retail, Corporate, Wholesale and Online, which match demand for each designated region based on consumer and travel industry requirements. Identify and analyse market trends and competitor activity to highlight opportunities to develop or improve product portfolio.
- Contract and maintain Non-Air products i.e. hotels, transfers, car hire within the designated region for dnata Travel.
- Negotiate competitive pricing with allotments for Non-Air contracted product to achieve budgeted revenue targets as well as long term market penetration.
- Monitor destination product sales performance and take immediate action to re-negotiate and refine rates, allocations or release periods to ensure that dnata can consistently meet commercial and operational demand.
- Travel to destinations to update Non-Air product knowledge, visit contracted and new product to validate standards, maintain supplier relationships, negotiate or re-negotiate and finalise rates, allocations or release periods and keep suppliers pro-actively updated on their performance.
- Identify and analyse market trends and competitor activity to highlight opportunities to develop or improve your product portfolio.
- Ensure all Non-Air contracted product is bookable, maintained and distributed across all dnata booking channels for sale to direct consumer via online or retail, travel trade and corporate customers.
- Work closely with internal departments and external partners to understand business needs and translate this into appropriate product sourcing.
- Assist in the production of all dnata brochures for holidays and tactical collateral, ensuring that exclusive special offers have been negotiated and distributed in line with business strategy.
Salary & Benefits: We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Travel Industry Experience 5+Years
- Contract Negotiation 3+ Years
- A high educational standard, preferably College or University level.
- Minimum of 5 years travel industry experience, including a minimum of 3 years in a contracting / negotiation.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Needs an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the leisure travel business and its current rate models i.e Retail (FIT) / Online / Wholesale
- Superior interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- A proven record of successful business relationships within the travel trade is essential i.e. hotels, car hire companies, ground handling agents etc.
- Must display initiative, be perceptive to the needs of a dynamic market and be capable of working independently within pre-set guidelines.
- Must be totally conversant with and stay abreast of changes within the travel industry
- Must be numerate, able to use up-to-date Microsoft Office.