This job is no longer available
Tomorrow you could be living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Starting with two aircraft and a handful of enthusiastic people, we have grown at a phenomenal rate. We are now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents.
We are looking for people to join our global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines. If you are a high performer, seeking unparalleled career opportunities, join the Emirates team and help us create the future of travel.
To support the VP and HR Manager International in delivering a proactive HR Business Support and Recruitment Service to dedicated Outstations across the Emirates network, including but not restricted to, supporting business change and providing flexible HT solutions, advising line on employee relation matters and liaising with legal teams where necessary to ensure compliance on labour law issues. Providing efficient and effective sourcing options to meet the needs of the business in each market. To support the HRMs on Projects across their regions.
- To provide a comprehensive and timely advisory service to the Line department. Respond to employee queries and provide accurate and timely advice on HR policies and procedures, ad – hoc queries, people and team development activities, employee relations, remuneration, operational requests, organisational change, Job descriptions. Share knowledge and information on HR best practice policy and procedural changes as appropriate, thus ensuring consistency in implementation is maintained throughout the company. Host HR 'clinics' and attend departmental meetings, to make services more effective and accessible to the business. Draft amendments to policies, highlighting discrepancies, identifying loopholes and ambiguities, and critique drafts raised by the Remuneration and Planning team.
- Advise and assist Line managers and the HR Manager on manpower planning issues and drafting job descriptions. To provide an analytical and qualitative job evaluation service to the respective HR section and Line Managers, taking into account the job’s impact, and benchmarking for consistency with existing jobs in the department and wider Company and based on benchmarks provide recommendations and a CAJe Score / Grade.
- Provide an effective employee relations service to line managers and staff, ensuring that advice and/or counselling is given as appropriate. This will include advising and participating in disciplinary and grievance interviews to ensure equitable treatment of staff, within policy, and that such matters are properly documented. Support and coach line managers to develop their people management capabilities in dealing with employee relations issues on a formal and informal basis. As part of the Employee relations case work, maintain relations with any relevant external parties (e.g. staff family members in case of deaths, banks, hospitals and other government bodies).
- Provide continuous support to the corporate performance review process and line departments by advising on setting objectives, identifying competencies, identifying training needs, handling disciplinary and capability issues, assisting managers with designing development plans and conducting Performance management workshops Recommend any system enhancements and resolve any employee grievances with regard to the performance management process.
- Develop and conduct induction briefings for newly appointed senior managers, to ensure they are aware of key HR policies and procedures, and to communicate the support available from the HR team.
- Implement people initiatives to enhance employee engagement and provide feedback to the line with suggestions for improvement. Assist the line in implementing employee feedback surveys and creating action plans. Conduct exit interviews with staff who have resigned, monitoring significant trends and highlighting these to the relevant line managers with recommendations for corrective action.
- Produce trend analysis of statistical information on an ad hoc basis to Senior Managers of the HR Department and Line Department (on matters such as Compensation and Benefits, Job Evaluation, Performance Reviews, Manpower Planning and Control etc.) in order to initiate the decision making process, highlight problematic areas, recommend solutions/alternatives to problems and follow through in their implementation.
- Participate as a team member in HR based projects and contribute towards developing new HR products, improved processes and systems that will enable HR be more customer service orientated and progressive.
Salary & Benefits: We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A university degree in HR/humanities/social science subject
- 5 years experience in HR at an Officer/Supervisory level
- Fluency in Portuguese is highly desirably
- Proven ability to communicate clearly at all levels
- Excellent report writing skills
- Proven ability to listen, advise, counsel, influence and negotiate at all levels.
- Must have thorough working knowledge of MS Office packages.
- Due to the nature of travel the incumbent must possess a passport that does not have visa restrictions for the majority of Africa and Asia regions across our network (GCC Passports are acceptable). Please note the ability to travel on urgent basis maybe required.