This job is no longer available
Vacancy Title: Engineering Approvals Manager
To manage the airworthiness approvals held by Engineering and be the focal point for all Engineering Quality matters.
The Engineering Approvals Manager is responsible to the Certification Manager for maintaining and developing Engineering approvals as follows:
* Be the EASA point of contact for the maintenance and development of EASA Part21J DOA approval. Maintain the Engineering Organisation Exposition and Authorised Signatory List. Support the EASA audit programme and respond to audit findings. Implement Corrective Actions in a timely manner.
* Be the MAA point of contact for the maintenance and development of MAA DAOS approval. Maintain the Engineering Organisation Exposition DAOS supplement. Support the MAA audit programme and respond to audit findings. Implement Corrective Actions in a timely manner.
* Be the CAA point of contact for the transition of CAA design approval to A8-21 DOA standards. Maintain the Engineering Organisation Exposition CAA A8-21 supplement. Be the CAA point of contact for the A8-20 E4 Approval and maintain the exposition. Support the CAA audit programme and respond to audit findings. Implement Corrective Actions in a timely manner.
* Be the Engineering focal point for all external and internal audit activities within Engineering including AS9100, MAA Regulated Flying Operations and customer audits. This includes selection of suitable areas to audit, arranging attendance of appropriate Engineering personnel, leadership of the Engineering team being audited, and the monitoring and resolution of all audit findings within target dates.
* Liaise with the Quality Management team to ensure all quality issues are effectively handled within Engineering. It will include responsibility for Engineering Quality Review meetings.
* Lead and develop process effectiveness reviews of Engineering processes and related procedures to satisfy AS9100 requirements.
* Management of the Engineering procedures ensuring they are subject to the annual review process and that updates are promulgated and communicated within Engineering.
Qualifications and Experience:
The position requires a qualification to degree level or equivalent along with proven experience in aircraft design activities. Must possess a working knowledge of EASA Part 21J and DAOS approval requirements and be able to converse with regulatory bodies. Should have an understanding of quality management processes and auditing techniques.