This job is no longer available
Senior Stress Engineer
Our customer is the UK's leading independent aerospace company, specialising in aircraft maintenance, modifications and support services. Located at its airport HQ in Cambridge, plus with offices in Australia, Canada and Netherlands they are perfectly placed at the forefront of today's Aerospace industry.
Due to a period of growth they are seeking to appoint the services of a Senior Stress Engineer to join their operation based in rural Cambridgeshire
The Role will be to support the Principal Stress Engineer in all the stress and test activities of the project. The role is responsible for the bid phase, preliminary / final design, liaison, analysis and correlation of test results. This involves determining the stress analysis which has to be completed, either by Finite Element analysis or traditional hand analysis techniques, completing analysis in the project group and liaising with all areas of the company. This is required to substantiate that the strength of the design meets the customers and regulatory bodies' specification. To justify the strength substantiation the roles ensures that formal documentation is produced and all drawings and reports are signed by stress prior to release.
* Liaising through project Chief Engineers to ensure all customer requirements are understood and proposed design solution can meet the requirements of the customer and the certification body.
* Provide specialist advice to design teams to ensure they understand the certification requirements and associated impact on the structural design requirement.
* Be capable of holding signatory approvals for stress.
* Supervise engineers with a full range of experience.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Educated to degree level or equivalent.
* Considerable experience in the aircraft industry.
* Familiarity of FAR25, CS 25, Def Stan 00-970 certification requirements.
* Repair design analysis (although not essential)
* Working knowledge of classical analysis methods and finite element analysis techniques.
* Ability to produce hand written calculations in support of a design
* Demonstrate knowledge of Static, Fatigue and Damage Tolerance analysis.
* Broad based experience on many structural areas on airframes.
* Good communication and presentation skills.
* Able to work as part of a team