Senior Safety Enginner
Senior Safety Engineer and E4
Our customer is the UK's leading independent aerospace company, specialising in aircraft maintenance, modifications and support services. Located at its airport HQ in Cambridge, plus with offices in Australia, Canada and Netherlands they are perfectly placed at the forefront of today's Aerospace industry.
Due to a period of growth they are seeking to appoint the services of a Senior Safety Engineer to join their operation based in rural Cambridgeshire.
Our Client is required to demonstrate that all modifications embodied meet acceptable levels of safety as determined by regulation authorities. This is achieved through analysis, test, comparison etc. Safety engineering is a discipline exercised by competent individuals using specialised techniques and dedicated tooling. All Safety assessment reports are reviewed and sanctioned by the Senior Safety Engineer to ensure they meet the requirements to demonstrate appropriate levels of Safety.
* Chair appropriate safety committees.
* Safety Assessments completed to regulatory requirements.
* Advice and guidance to ADO staff.
* Promote ongoing safety culture within the company.
* In-house Safety training. Periodic training for designate
* Company compliance to product safety policy.
* Develop and maintain a Safety support system
Qualifications and experience:
Applicants should have in-depth knowledge of the design and safety lifecycles and associated safety engineering processes including:
* system safety Assessment (SSA) and safety case (SC) methodologies
* risk and goal based safety approaches
* Safety analysis techniques
* Tools including FHA, CCA, ETA, FTA, ASCE, Cassandra etc
Ideally the candidate should have:
* Degree or equivalent in an aerospace engineering discipline
* Proven experience in the safety and certification of civilian and military aircraft
* Be familiar with aerospace regulations and guidance including EASA certification specifications, Defence Standards and SAE/RTCA publications.
* Experience in DOORS, GSN, bespoke safety tools and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office