Inspector - Foreign Operators
Plan SAFA Ramp Check activities related to operator’s frequency, and define guidelines for frequency of inspection and associated follow up activities to optimize GCAA resources and manpower.
-Prepare SAFA Ramp Checks to ensure that inspections are conducted effectively.
- Conduct SAFA Ramp Checks to ascertain compliance with standards
-Moderate SAFA Ramp Checks to guarantee standardization, unified categorization of findings and correctness and clearness of findings.
- Identify, categorise, report and ensure that the deficiencies recorded in the SAFA Ramp Check Report or during surveillance are acted upon by the operator to ensure compliance with an acceptable level of safety, bringing any overdue or sensitive items (like violation) to the attention of the appropriate line manager. Recommend or apply the law enforcement provisions, if necessary.
- Support in Aviation Safety-related investigations, coordinating where operational issues are relevant in order to determine the cause of accidents and prevent future incidents.
- Investigate and coordinate with other disciplines (where applicable) to determine the cause of incidents and prevent future occurrence.
Implement corrective actions raised against the department during internal surveillance program to ascertain alignment of Safety Affairs standards in line with international standards and continuous improvements.
Support the administration of all auditing activities by external entities of Safety Affairs including ICAO, and IMS to ensure smooth and productive audit.
Maintain a comprehensive record of relevant certification, reports, recommendations and general documents to ensure an accurate record and evidence base.
Assist in the definition of the Safety Policy applicable to Foreign Operators landing at UAE Airports to ensure that safety standards are identified and met.
- Improve and implement safety promotion activities to disseminate and nurture a safety awareness culture in the UAE civil aviation industry and to keep industry players abreast of changes to relevant rules, regulation and other aviation safety developments.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Sector, sharing best practice, trends and the findings of reviews, studies and investigations to prevent future occurrences/incidents/accidents.
Assist the management in maintaining on-going liaison with foreign and international aviation regulatory bodies on new requirements and changes to existing safety regulations to foster the safe and orderly growth of UAE Civil Aviation.
- Implement Safety Affairs policies, systems, processes, and procedures so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering high quality safety services to the UAE civil aviation industry in accordance with the customer services standards.
Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude as per IMS available standards.
Implement the management of change through continuous improvement of functional systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, changes in international standards and changes in the business environment which demand proactive action plans.
Contribute towards the preparation of reports (or any other assigned) to ensure accuracy, delivery and compliance with Safety Affairs objectives/commitments.
Perform additional tasks as requested by the management to be able to achieve Safety Affairs objectives/commitments.
- Act on the behalf of his line manager, when requested by him and in line with the Authority Matrix when applicable for the purpose of deputation or representativeness.