Maintenance Training Instructor
Maintenance Training Instructor
Boeing Training and Flight Services develop and deliver commercial aviation maintenance training worldwide. We are currently looking for a highly motivated and customer focused individual to join our Gatwick team as a Maintenance Training Instructor.
Conducts analyses to evaluate customer technical training needs to determine appropriate training content, objectives and design. Develops, conducts and evaluates effectiveness of technical training. Uses specialized software technology to research, configure, maintain, update and develop new and existing media and materials. Gathers data to support complete proposal development activities.
You should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability : Generally understands changes in own and others' work-group tasks and situations as well as the logic or basis for change; generally seeks information about changes affecting own and fellow employees' jobs. Treats changes and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth; focuses on the beneficial aspects of change; speaks positively about the change to work group members, direct supervisor, and occasionally members of others work groups. Quickly modifies behavior to deal effectively with changes in the work environment; readily tries new approaches appropriate for new or changed situations; does not persist with ineffective behaviors.
- Coaching/Teaching: Generally clarifies expected behaviors, knowledge, and level of proficiency by seeking and giving information and checking for understanding. Usually provides instruction, positive models, and opportunities for observation in order to help work group members and occasionally members of others work groups to develop skills; encourages questions to ensure understanding. Offers timely, appropriate feedback on performance; reinforces efforts and progress. Generally establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping work group members and occasionally members of others work groups feel valued, appreciated, and included in discussions.
- Communication: Generally clarifies purpose and importance; stresses major points; follows a logical sequence. Usually keeps the audience engaged through use of techniques such as analogies, illustrations, humor, an appealing style, body language, and voice inflection. Frames the message in line with audience experience, background, and expectations; uses terms, examples, and analogies that are meaningful to the audience. Generally seeks input from audience; checks understanding; presents message in different ways to enhance understanding. Uses syntax, pace, volume, diction, and mechanics appropriate to the media being used. Accurately interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
- Technical : [ - ] Aviation & Weapons Systems , Basic: General knowledge of aviation and/or weapons systems including theory of operation and troubleshooting. Preferred: Complete knowledge of aviation and/or weapons systems including theory of operation and troubleshooting. [ - ] Instruction Skills: Basic: General skills involving preparation, delivery, and summary instructional skills (e.g. preparation, delivery, summary, assess student progress, remediation, motivation, engagement, etc.). Preferred: Complete instructional skills (e.g. preparation, delivery, summary, assess student progress, remediation, motivation, engagement, etc.).
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
Do you have proven experience teaching airplane maintenance training in a formal classroom environment?
Do you haveProven experience troubleshooting airplane systems?
Bachelor's and proven related work experience, a Master's degree and typically proven years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Job related information
Previous airplane maintenance experience is a plus.
For any additional information, please email UKcareers@boeing.com.
To apply, please click on the "Apply Now Button"
Boeing is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
More jobs like this
- Permanent Aviation and Airlines jobs in London (Greater)
- Permanent Flight Training and Instructors jobs in London (Greater)
- Permanent Aerospace Engineering jobs in London (Greater)
- Permanent Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul jobs in London (Greater)
- Permanent Business Services jobs in London (Greater)