This job is no longer available
The Emirates Group is a highly profitable business with a turnover of approximately US$ 12 billion and over 50,000 employees. The Group comprises of dnata, the successful Airport Ground Services and Travel Industry division, and Emirates, the Group's rapidly expanding and award winning international Airline. Emirates global network now sees it flying to over 110 destinations across 6 continents, operating a modern fleet of over 150 wide-bodied aircraft. Today the Airline has orders worth over US$ 68 billion for 200 more of the latest aircraft, with plans to operate to many more destinations in the months and years ahead. Essential to our continued business success as we expand will be the ongoing employment of high quality people to join our multi-cultural team of over 150 nationalities.
Dubai, a tourism centre and modern cosmopolitan city with high standards of healthcare, education and leisure pursuits for residents offers those we hire one of the most desirable lifestyle locations in the world. In addition to lifestyle and tax free salary benefits, the Emirates Group also offers professional development opportunities to help employees develop new skills and grow their careers successfully. Discover your future!
Design, develop and govern the solution architecture of the Group in alignment with corporate business and IT strategies, ensuring appropriate balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements. This necessitates engagement at the strategic enterprise level while also taking full responsibility for the solution architectures implemented by individual projects and programmes.
1. Contribute to the development and maintenance of Architecture Guiding Principles, drawing on architectural knowledge and experience.
2. Lead the development of new corporate IT standards, analysing and understanding potential impact of competing technologies, assessing their strategic significance, defining their strategic role and scope, roadmap, relationship to existing standards, and periodically reviewing our entire IT estate in the context of those standards.
3. Lead the development and documentation of architectural patterns and solution designs for use in solutions. Provide expert consultancy and coaching on these to project teams.
4. Track technologies and new business innovations, determine how they relate to our IT strategy, existing standards, platforms and patterns, and lead the work to amend existing assets or create new assets to reflect changes in the technology landscape.
5. Lead the solution shaping phase for major (more than AED 5m) complex projects, taking full responsibility for the architecture of the solution. This involves developing a solution scenarios / stakeholder model, identifying appropriate strategic solution options, developing high level architectures for those options, leading the evaluation of the candidate architectures, selecting the preferred solution architecture, documenting that architecture and guiding the development team in its adoption and elaboration as a solution design.
6. Provide expert advice to projects on technical and architectural standards, guiding them on the need to raise exception requests, develop new or amended standards, and on the appropriate use of architectural patterns.
7. Lead solution design reviews and technical design reviews, ensuring that projects are following agreed corporate strategic direction and alignment to architectural standards and patterns.
8. From time to time, lead a strategic incubator project that will take a strategically significant new or innovative technology or architectural approach. This involves assembling and managing the development team, taking full responsibility for the solution architecture, leading the design and development of the solution, and taking overall responsibility for the management of the project, its budget, timescales and dependencies. Such projects will create the foundations for corporate strategic platforms on which our future critical business systems will depend. Significant experience of major systems architecture is needed to ensure that a robust and scalable solution is developed.
9. Manage, direct, inspire and coach the work and capability of STE, Principal Solution Architect resources as required, and engage in, and lead, a much wider virtual team of senior managers, technical and subject matter experts and business managers consisting of at least 20 individuals.
10. Own, Manage and maintain the architecture roadmap of complex/large Projects, Products, Environments or Platforms.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1="Dh3.66." Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation, power and water paid for, along with transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the 'Dubai Lifestyle' section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in
- Degree or Honours (12 3 or equivalent) Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or an equivalent IT related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Ideally higher level business-related qualification, such as MBA
- Ideally certification in at least one of the areas mentioned in Annex 1
- 8 yrs years of experience in the development of distributed, mission critical applications in heterogeneous environments/architectures for multi-user systems.
- Experience of detailed business system architecture and design
- Specialist experience in at least two of the areas mentioned in Annex 1
- Preferably technical leadership and architecture experience.
- Understanding of solution technologies such as Java/TPF/Oracle/BI/DW/ERP
- Understanding of capability frameworks such as CMMI.
- Understanding of TOGAF, Zachman and other Enterprise Architecture frameworks.
- Understanding of industry standard development methods (e.g. RUP, SCRUM)
- Understanding of ITIL Framework.
- Understanding of industry standard project management methods (e.g. PMBOK)
To express your interest in the above vacancy please apply on-line by clicking below, and complete our application form. We will then consider your application and contact you should we wish to shortlist you for an interview. Should you not receive an invitation for an interview within 5 weeks please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. We will retain your details for 12 months unless advised otherwise and re-consider you for future opportunities as they arise. Please also note that if you are not shortlisted you can also update your application at anytime and apply for other opportunities. Thank you for your interest in a career with the Emirates Group.Please click the Apply now button and search for reference:PA/FP/20032