This job is no longer available
Emirates Flight Catering (EKFC), an Emirates Group associated company, is the world's largest in-flight catering operation providing in-flight catering and support services for airlines from Dubai International Airport. With a workforce of over 6500 multinational employees and four work sites, EKFC has a clientele of 120 airlines and airline hospitality lounges in Dubai International Airport as well as running a large off airport Food and Beverage business.
This position is for the Engineering Department in Food Point and reports to the Engineer on duty.
- Provide equipment maintenance in all areas and ensure that preventative maintenance is carried out on a yearly basis as per a scheduled plan.
- Check the completed jobs to ensure that they meet manufacturer?s standards.
- Ensure that planned preventive maintenance is carried out and equipment is promptly serviced as per service schedule.
- Inform the Maintenance Systems Coordinator about spare parts requirements, ensuring spare parts to be procured from overseas are identified in accordance with timelines of jobs and tasks assigned.
- Provide on the job training to operational staff.
- Comply with EKFC Occupational Health and Safety Policy.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Technical certification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- High standards of verbal and communication skills in English.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet targets and achieve results.
- Strong planning & organisational skills with the ability to multi task and manage time effectively.
- Ability to action ad hoc requests as directed by the manager.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proven experience working in hotel, catering or food manufacturing facilities.
- Previous experience in hospitality industry.
- High level of commitment to continuous improvement and adaptability to change.
- A team player with a proactive approach and the ability to problem solve.
- Computer literate.
Salary & Benefits: Salary package will be discussed during the interview to successful candidates.
To Apply:To express your interest in the above vacancy please apply on line.
Please click the Apply now button and search for reference:EPC/AA/24377