This job is no longer available
Emirates Flight Catering is an Emirates Group associated company and operates the world?s largest in-flight catering facility. We have two catering units at Dubai International Airport that providing meals and in-flight services to both Emirates Airlines and approximately 120 airline clients. We also operate premium airport lounges, an events division, off airport food and beverage outlets, a frozen meal manufacturing plant and the largest industrial laundry in the region.
This position is within the Production Department for the Bakery section.
Reporting to Executive Sous Chef, your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for supervising the food production for the bakery section.
- Ensure that all food items prepared are in accordance with the menu specification and Hygiene and Safety standards.
- Make sure that all assigned production staff carry out their duties in a set time frame.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new dishes.
- Ensure that assigned staff receive and follow given recipes and methods keeping wastage to a minimum.
- Maintain a proper stock rotation and manage on time deliveries.
- Supervise the staff in the implementation of work procedures and report non conformances to the Executive Sous Chef.
- Comply with the Company Occupational Health & Safety Policy.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Diploma in Hotel / Catering Management or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in a 5 star kitchen with demonstrated hands on experience in the Bakery or Pastry section.
- High standards of verbal and written communication in English.
- Ability to work and perform under significant pressure in a 24/7 working environment.
- A professional manner with the ability to meet targets and achieve results.
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain constructive relationships with others.
Salary & Benefits: Salary package will be discussed during the interview to successful candidates.
To Apply:To express your interest in the above vacancy please apply on-line.
Please click the Apply now button and search for reference:EPC/AA/24376