This job is no longer available
Emirates Flight Catering is an Emirates Group associated company and provides food and allied services ranging from in-flight catering, airline lounges, outlets, events, ready meals and laundry. We are seeking an experienced and professional Maintenance Manager to lead the Engineering team of our Food Point Business.
Food Point is a 10,000 square metre ready meal facility that produces 70,000 meals per day. We are an industry leader with a strong network of airline, retail and food service clients based in the Middle East, Indian Subcontinent and Africa. Our primary products are ready meals, sauces and soups.
This position is within the Engineering department of Food Point and Linencraft.
Reporting to Assistant Vice President - Engineering, your responsibilities will include:
- Identify and implement measures to control risks to acceptable levels, such that incident or accident probability to employees & facilities across operations and engineering is significantly reduced.
- Responsible for identifying the engineering risks to sustained operations supply and for the development of best practice operations/ maintenance techniques required to increase reliability.
- Provide the Maintenance Manager and Operations Manager with clear reliability improvement plans and to support the subsequent implementation to completion.
- Identify and track the cost/benefits directly linked to reliability initiatives
- Provide mentoring and coaching to improve the capability of engineers and operations teams resulting in shorter time to repair and extended frequency of failure
- Introduce tools and techniques to assist maintenance teams provide repeatable work standards
- Support the delivery of CAPEX plans for Food Point and Linencraft through end to end implementing of projects which reduce the risk impact on business continuity
- Own the responsibility which accompanies the role and performance expectations
Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- Minimum IOSH or other externally recognised qualification in OSH
- Substantial experience in engineering utilising proactive maintenance techniques
- Practical experience managing improvement in equipment risk management
- Proven track record developing equipment strategies & reliability systems
- Proven track record in continuous improvement
- Holds Occupational Health & Safety as a core principle and belief, not a work task. Leads actions to proactively eliminate/control hazards and drives a behavioural approach to safety first within their teams.
- Customer focussed, recognising their role and contribution within the business to a right first time, on time in full belief
- Leader and manager, capable of identifying and employing cultural change within maintenance teams aligned to best practice standards.
- Proactively committed to adding value and creating wealth for the company, through the elimination of waste and improved team effectiveness and productivity. Committed to coaching and transferring continuous improvement tools and techniques to all business teams.
Salary & Benefits: Salary package will be discussed during the interview to successful candidates.
To Apply:To express your interest in the above vacancy please apply on-line.
Please click the Apply now button and search for reference:EPC/AA/24380