Licensed Aircraft Engineer (Cabin Workshop)
Tomorrow you could be living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Starting with two aircraft and a handful of enthusiastic people, we have grown at a phenomenal rate. We are now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents.
We are looking for people to join our global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines. If you are a high performer, seeking unparalleled career opportunities, join the Emirates team and help us create the future of travel.
To ensure maintenance tasks and certification of aircraft during maintenance scheduled and unscheduled inputs are carried out to the highest possible standards of safety, quality and serviceability. To ensure appropriate application of certification privileges in accordance with the limitations of Company Authorisations.
- BUSINESS OBJECTIVE: To carry out routine aircraft maintenance/servicing tasks compliant to manufacturers & local safety procedures. Ensure the zones/aircraft to which assigned are maintained IAW the documentation issued by approved authorities ensuring compliance is maintained to the latest revisions. This is applicable to all Technical Publications e.g. Aircraft documentation, Technical Notices, Quality Notices, Engineering Procedures Manual etc. Staff must ensure their personal approval/licensing requirements are valid and applicable to aircraft types worked through close liaison with Quality Assurance/GCAA. Audit process and procedures to ensure the highest level of maintenance is achieved with the resources available. Ensure prompt attendance to all allocated aircraft arrival/departures with the intent to maximize the opportunities during ground time and avoid operational delays/disruptions. Ensure MEL defects are actioned at every opportunity and /or DDFUs immediately raised to effect earliest possible MEL clearance.
- COST CONTROL: Ensure all off-aircraft tasks i.e. spares handling, robberies, hold items...etc are handled strictly IAW Company procedures and all the relevant paperwork is actioned in a way that provides full transparency to all involved.Determine that any tooling/equipment used is serviceable and appropriate for the task and should be able to understand and use specialized tooling where required. Robbery procedures used as a method to reduce costs and ensure a right-first-time pocket of good practice is formulated to ensure costs are reduced by avoiding multiple attempts to rectify defects. Ensure trouble shooting follows laid down procedures and all tools used to ensure that fault rectification is carried out in the most expedient and cost effective manner.
- RESOURCES: Ensure resources and manpower available is supportive of the business needs allowing targets/milestones set to be adequately met. To carry out any component changes as is necessary as part of the troubleshooting process and as directed by immediate supervisor. This will include the ability to obtain and understand AMM, IPC, or other Manufacturer/vendor documentation required to carry out this task. Ensure that available resources are utilised fully to meet the business needs.
- SAFETY: Ensure that all activities performed and personnel responsible for are closely monitored to ensure the best possible application of safety rules and regulations are applied ensuring full understanding and adherence to Company procedures. Staff must highlight deficiencies/ requirements (whether for aircraft or hangar use) through the effective use of reporting tools in support of the overall quality improvement process and actively participate in propagating and enhancing the Group safety culture. Participate and promote in creating a safety culture in an effort to minimize accidents and highlight deficiencies/failures that can lead to such accidents. Ensure all work locations are kept clean and excellent housekeeping conditions are maintained. To avoid FOD, will be vigilant in ensuring work areas (including the ramp), vehicles, stands, lockers and toolboxes are all kept clean. Responsible of being fully conversant with airport safety regulations including, holding and maintaining an airport driving permit. Should be fully conversant with airport manoeuvring area requirements and be able to fully comply.
- COMMUNICATIONS: Establish effective up-down rapport with Manager, Senior Engineers and sub-ordinates to maintain a seamless flow of information to highlight/detect and address any scenarios/events that might be disruptive to the operation.Ensure all relevant reports pertaining to issues of service delays, incidents and accidents, are completed in detail identifying all elements leading up to events. This includes completion of the necessary documentation including all relevant information that will allow rectification of defects by concerned sections through short-term maintenance planning. Additional reviews of all other activities/actions must be performed to allow process improvements to be implemented as necessary.
- HR REVIEWS: Responsible for conducting performance reviews for staff under their direct control through the fair and just application of the Performance Matters! tool. Deficiencies or inability to meet objectives/competencies must be highlighted during interim reviews and an agreed course of action implemented to improve/correct any issues identified. Each to be effective in guiding/coaching/counselling junior staff assigned to their team, including National and Expat Trainees, ensuring action and development plans are in place to address any areas of concern.Must be available to assume duties and responsibilities of shift manager/senior engineer shift whenever delegated by the section manager.
- TRAINING: Attend training modules as and when required by the Company to enhance skills and understanding that will benefit the business. Required to undergo recurrent Human Factors Training, to comply with CAR 145 requirements every 2 years. Ensure that any training courses attended are turned into approvals as required within 3.5 months from completion of attended course.
- ADAPTABILITY: Be available to be deployed anywhere throughout the EK operation including diversionary airfields to assist in the recovery process of an AOG(Aircraft on Ground), and/or the aircraft/component manufacturers? facilities to act as EK Rep. to oversee the final assembly of Emirates? new aircraft, supervise any outsourced maintenance work and assisting in the acceptance/delivery process. Also available for postings to outstations to support the needs of EK operations.
- Should be able to carry out MLMS acting role when required by the company.
- Must have a total of 10 years Aviation experience
- Must have served an apprenticeship with an airline/approved organisation or have received equivalent formal training
- ICAO Type II Aircraft Maintenance Engineers License or UAEA GCAA License.
- Must have 5 years certifying experience as a license holder of which 3 years should be in Safety Equipment Workshop (slides, life vest, suvival kit etc).
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team
- Must be familiar with legislative matters relating to the safe and airworthy operation and maintenance of aircraft to international standards.
Salary & Benefits:We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1="Dh3.66." Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation, power and water paid for, along with transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the 'Dubai Lifestyle' section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in
To Apply:To express your interest in the above vacancy please apply on-line by clicking below, and complete our application form. We will then consider your application and contact you should we wish to shortlist you for an interview. Should you not receive an invitation for an interview within 5 weeks please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. We will retain your details for 12 months unless advised otherwise and re-consider you for future opportunities as they arise. Please also note that if you are not shortlisted you can also update your application at anytime and apply for other opportunities. Thank you for your interest in a career with the Emirates Group.