This job is no longer available
Emirates Flight Catering is an Emirates Group associated company and operates the world's largest in-flight catering facility. We have two catering units at Dubai International Airport that providing meals and in-flight services to both Emirates Airlines and approximately 120 airline clients. We also operate premium airport lounges, an events division, off airport food and beverage outlets, a frozen meal manufacturing plant and the largest industrial laundry in the region.
This position is within the Production Department within the Cold Kitchen and reports to the Executive Chef.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible to maintain the workflow in a fast pace environment ensuring high meal volume production is maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring full compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety system.
- Lead and develop staff within the area of responsibility including recruitment, on job orientation, probation management, performance planning and review, training, succession planning, daily staff supervision and coordination of work with the Food and Beverage Managers.
- Responsible for the allocation of work tasks and staff performance management to ensure that staff performance meets the production deadline to avoid any delays for the airlines.
- Assist the Executive Chef manage matters of poor performance and misconduct including root cause analysis, determination of investigation findings and development activities.
- Manage costs to reflect operating forecasts and budgeted figures relating to staff payroll including overtime, equipment, food material utilisation and waste elimination.
- Evaluate statistics on wastage and ensure that food preparation is done in an economical manner and establish controls.
- Plan and manage the day of operations including the production plan, food preparation, presentation and service in accordance with client requirements.
- Ensure that all products received into the kitchen are of the required standard and quantity and that the team is compliant with storage and rotation requirements.
- Assist the Executive Chef to investigate client and passenger complaints including root cause analysis and recommendation of corrective actions.
- Ensure full compliance to the company’s food safety and quality management system requirements and close out any non-conformances with the required timeframe.
- Implement new products, process improvements and cost saving initiatives to achieve business objectives and financial results.
- Ensure compliance to the Food Safety and Quality Management systems.
- Ensure that the kitchen equipment is used in a proper and safe manner.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or diploma in a culinary discipline.
- Previous experience in a senior culinary role in a premium service environment.
- Experience and expertise in a variety of cuisines.
- Experience in banqueting and high volume food production.
- Experience in working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience to manage all aspects of production operations including production planning, stock handling and food preparation and presentation.
- Knowledge of industry food trends.
- Highest standard or personal presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a workforce of professional and semiskilled multinational employees.
- Strong results orientation.
- Detailed knowledge of food safety systems and procedures and demonstrated ability to comply to standards.
- Working knowledge of and proven application of Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
- Computer literacy in the Microsoft Office suite and past experience with culinary specific programs.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain constructive relationships with others.
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally and at all levels and team based approach including ability to positively manage conflict.
- High level of commitment to continuous improvement and adaptability to change.
- Relevant experience in a 4 or 5 star hotel is an advantage.
Salary & Benefits: Salary package will be discussed during the interview to successful candidates.
To Apply:To express your interest in the above vacancy please apply on line.
Please click the Apply now button and search for reference:EPC/AA/24381