This job is no longer available
The Weights Engineer is responsible for the timely and accurate estimation and preparation of all mass properties estimates and reports on various Aircraft programs. He/she will be responsible for coordinating and quality checking of weight estimates conducted by 2nd tier suppliers on all weight related issues.
Key Activities ~
- Fully responsible for timely and accurate preparation of mass properties reports for all programs.
- Check all mass properties estimates developed by weight engineering staff/sub contractors.
- Data management of changes to the mass properties estimate.
- Active monitoring of the design of the aircraft for weight control practices.
- Active monitoring of the production of the aircraft for weight control practices (weightings).
- Preparation and presentation of alternative design and build materials, arrangement, and/or practices to control weight growth.
- Attend meetings with Client.
- Supervise or assist in weighing of large assemblies when required.
- Business Development & Management opportunities to progress within the company are actively encouraged.
Essential Requirements ~
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of CATIA V5 mass analysis programme.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office EXCEL/ Word.
- Minimum of 4 years Aircraft Weights experience essential.
- Project management skills/potential.
The Person ~
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility for own work within a team.
- Able to work to tight, demanding deadlines and customer demands.
- Enjoys working in teams and interacting with others.
- Ability to work effectively within an integrated project team.
- Able to establish credibility with internal and external customers.
- Interest in mechanical/technical advances.
- Desire to progress within company.
- Fluent written & verbal English language skills.
- EU Member Passport Holder.