SENIOR WEIGHTS & MASS PROPERTIES ENGINEERS
The Weights Engineer is responsible for the timely and accurate estimation and preparation of all mass properties estimates and reports on various Aircraft programs. He/she will be responsible for coordinating and quality checking of weight estimates conducted by 2nd tier suppliers on all weight related issues.
Key Activities ~
- Fully responsible for timely and accurate preparation of mass properties reports for all programs.
- Check all mass properties estimates developed by weight engineering staff/sub contractors.
- Data management of changes to the mass properties estimate.
- Active monitoring of the design of the aircraft for weight control practices.
- Active monitoring of the production of the aircraft for weight control practices (weightings).
- Preparation and presentation of alternative design and build materials, arrangement, and/or practices to control weight growth.
- Attend meetings with Client.
- Supervise or assist in weighing of large assemblies when required.
- Business Development & Management opportunities to progress within the company are actively encouraged.
Essential Requirements ~
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of CATIA V5 mass analysis programme.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office EXCEL/ Word.
- Minimum of 4 years Aircraft Weights experience essential.
- Project management skills/potential.
The Person ~
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility for own work within a team.
- Able to work to tight, demanding deadlines and customer demands.
- Enjoys working in teams and interacting with others.
- Ability to work effectively within an integrated project team.
- Able to establish credibility with internal and external customers.
- Interest in mechanical/technical advances.
- Desire to progress within company.
- Fluent written & verbal English language skills.
- EU Member Passport Holder.