This job is no longer available
Our client urgently requires a Senior Loads Engineer to support key Airbus projects on a permanent basis.
The Loads Engineer is responsible for performing loads analysis for aircraft components, assemblies and systems.
Key Activities ~
- Responsible for performing loads analysis for aircraft components, assemblies, and systems.
- Loads analysis includes calculation of aerodynamic and inertial flight loads, landing, ground operations, and ground support equipment loads.
- Calculate loads by way of classical and computer methods, and develop new methodologies for load development.
- Reviews, updates, and compiles aerodynamic data for application by other engineering disciplines and flight operations.
- Develops standardized analysis and reporting tools.
Essential Qualifications ~
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years proven Aircraft Loads experience.
- Experience with aero-elastic loads development, closed-loop flight control systems, in-flight testing, and explicit time domain analysis for loads development is desirable.
- Must be familiar with loads development, statics, dynamics, aerodynamics, stability and control, vibrations and modelling.
- Working knowledge of panel codes, NASTRAN, or ABAQUS software is preferred.
- Knowledge of aero-elastic systems, closed-loop flight control systems, and in-flight testing is desirable.
- Experience with Matlab, Excel, Visual Basic, UNIX, or other loads development software.
- Airbus loads background highly desirable.
- Fluent written and verbal English language skills.
- EU Member Passport Holder.
The Person ~
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility for own work within a team.
- Able to work to tight, demanding deadlines and customer demands.
- Enjoys working in teams and interacting with others.
- Ability to work effectively within an integrated project team.
- Able to establish credibility with internal and external customers.
- Interest in mechanical/technical advances.