Field Service Representative Manager - Chinook
Field Service Representative Manager - Chinook
We are currently looking for an experienced Field Service Representative, to join us as a manager in the Through Life Customer Support (TLCS) engineering and supportability team located in the United Kingdom (UK) at Gosport, Hampshire, UK to support the fleet of Chinook Helicopters. In this role you will manage a team of field service representatives and you will lead and provide advice in the execution of maintenance in accordance with the Ministry of Defence (MoD) AP 101C-500-5 series publications along with Boeing standard procedures, processes, and practices.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- You will oversee the provision of procedures, repairs advice, and associated technical data to perform maintenance.
- You will need to have the ability to conduct research on technical, maintenance, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by customer.
- You will need knowledge of the Chinook platform and associated MoD JAP 100A-01 and MAP Military Aviation Engineering Policy and Regulation and standards for maintenance data and post-delivery aircraft modifications are a must.
- The individual shall have a significant amount of demonstrated Chinook experience and knowledge in aircraft maintenance procedures, practices, and maintenance engineering standards and specifications to support the execution of maintenance for RAF MK2, Mk 2A, Mk 3 and Mk 4 Chinooks.
- A strong understanding of the UK Royal Air Force is desired. You must be able to apply knowledge of (e.g., Structural Repair Manual [SRM], Aircraft Maintenance Manual [AMM], Illustrated Parts Breakdown [IPB], Aircrew Manual, Component Maintenance Manual [CMM], Aircraft Wiring Data Manual [AWDM], Service Modification[SM], Engineering Instructions [EI] and Service Bulletins/Letter [SB/SL]).
- You will apply knowledge of engineering analysis of mechanical design, circuit design, etc. to develop and maintain technical data, and to resolve problems for aircraft components and systems to support safe and efficient operation and continued airworthiness.
- You will apply your technical knowledge to analyze and resolve customer maintenance requirements, questions and concerns, interfacing with company and supplier technical experts when appropriate.
- You will serve as the interface from the FSRs to the customer as well as to our maintenance providers. This includes leading FSR meetings both internal and with the customer, participating in daily meetings with the maintenance supplier, developing metrics and coordinating technical solutions with the customer as well as with the US-based team.
- You will develop and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers and must have a focus on leading process improvements.
- Experience with risk management, process, plan and policy improvements and technical strategies are also required.
- The candidate must have a deep understanding of Boeing processes along with leading and managing maintenance activities. Strong interpersonal skills are a must due to the multi-disciplinary and customer interface demands of this position.
- The candidate must also be able to demonstrate strong leadership abilities and the ability to develop and grow a team.
You should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Project Management: Ability to direct, communicate clearly, delegate and ensure performance of assigned responsibilities and tasks as a project team leader in support of large scale and complex projects. Identifies and resolves any issues and provides solutions and or recommendations to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Collaboration: Consistently works effectively and cooperatively with team members and fellow project team leaders, other employees and external customers. Places higher priority on team and organization goals than on own goals. Offers to provide assistance and/or project team leadership to other teams and/or employees when doing so would benefit the organization.
- Customer Focus: Makes customers and their needs a primary focus. Responds quickly to meet customer needs and resolve problems; assists other project team leaders in implementing ways to monitor and evaluate customer concerns, issues, and satisfaction and anticipates customer needs.
- Customer Knowledge: Extensive, specialized knowledge of customer maintenance techniques, customer organization, maintenance policies (Topic 5), capabilities, practices, support resources, preferences, problems, and other constraints in order to provide effective product support and technical issue resolution. Knowledge and experience of MoD projects, preferably Chinook related will be a distinct advantage.
- General Aircraft Systems: Extensive, specialized knowledge of all delivered system/hardware (e.g., hydraulics, airframe, power plant, environmental control, fuel, electrical, avionic support equipment and rotor-tune techniques including HUMS) as it applies to maintenance and operations.Maintenance and Retrofit: Extensive knowledge of repair, maintenance, and retrofit processes and practices (e.g., unplanned event system, technical orders, kitting, overhaul and depot support).
- Aircraft Maintenance: Extensive and specialized knowledge of UK MOD / RAF aircraft maintenance processes, policies, culture, and standard practices (e.g., return to service, normal duties/responsibilities, time constraints, available resources) in order to effectively represent the customer within the company.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
Do you have the current rights to live and work in the UK?
You will need a significant amount of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in the field of helicopter depth and fleeted maintenance.
Other Job Related Information:
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Make sure you list all of the Countries in which you are a citizen. If you have work authorization for a country that you are not a citizen of, please explain this on the top of your resume. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-base payroll.