Manager, Line Maintenance
Manager, Line Maintenance - UK
Scope of the Position:
The Manager, Line Maintenance – UK is directly responsible for all operations results of aircraft maintenance at Heathrow and provides support and guidance to assigned employees to produce a high quality product within the performance and cost standards established. The Manager, Line Maintenance – UK is accountable for communicating technical or other information to accomplish work assignments in an effective manner, must ensure that the Company safety standards are consistently maintained in order to protect employees and property. Additionally, the Manager Line Maintenance – UK will provide recommendations to improve the maintenance process and to develop meaningful performance measurements, will establish a work environment that focuses on total quality principles, open communications, integrity, continuous learning, self-direction and individual respect.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible to ensure that the aircraft visit is accomplished within appropriate time lines and on-time-performance targets are met.
- Responsible for production capabilities, by identifying and implementing process changes to improve performance measurements and aircraft visit timelines maximizing production.
- Ensures deviations, planned tasks and unscheduled maintenance activities are accomplished.
- Liaison with MOC and Fleet Management to resolve conflicts related to maintenance activities.
- Resolve any issues with QA, Stores, and tooling in order to make appropriate time lines and OTP.
- Provides leadership of the daily operational performance.
- Ensures the implementation and follow-up of all Health and Safety policies and initiatives.
- Develops and mentors Team Leaders.
- Develops station business plans.
- Adheres to Company and Transport Canada policies, including but not limited to, publications control (e.g. ensuring that the only documents retained are of the current revision and required by the stations) and good housekeeping (e.g. hangar cleanliness).
- Ensures Line and Cabin Maintenance performance and budget (i.e. TAT / Cost).
- Ensures good communication with all clients.
- Responsible to validate the training content.
- Attends Health & Safety Meetings as responsible for H&S at LHR.
- Collaborates with LHR Recruitment for hiring of staff
- Attends union meetings with HR as Management rep.
- Monitors services provided by third parties to ensure Air Canada gets best value.
- Liaises with local (Base) contract airlines to provide ongoing customer satisfaction.
- Liaises with all regional stations to maintain standards.
- Organises and provide necessary ongoing training to contract airlines in regional bases.
- Carries out station start ups (find suitable maintenance provider and get their staff trained and qualified and provide necessary tooling ready for start up).
- Maintain budget.
- Represents Air Canada Maintenance in meetings with other companies e.g. BAA, STAR Alliance etc.
- Liaises and assists with contracts when setting up new business.
- Monitors pricing to get market rates for Air Canada Maintenance services.
The ideal candidate must have;
- The right to work within the United Kingdom without restriction.
- Valid M2 AME Licence
- Proven leadership and people skills
- Evidence of having to make decisions especially in high pressured situations
- Evidence of managing own work i.e. time and project management skills
- Proven planning and organisational skills
- The ability to work under pressure and adapt to unforeseen circumstances
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters including resolving staff issues.
We offer a competitive salary reflecting candidates’ qualifications and experience, together with a Stakeholder Pension Plan, Company paid Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance and generous concessionary travel after a qualifying period.
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV and covering letter by clicing on the 'Apply now Button' or by post to Recruitment Department, Air Canada Complex, Radius Park, Faggs Road, Hatton Cross, Feltham Middlesex TW14 0NJ.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 11th July 2013
Successful candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check.
Air Canada is an equal opportunities employer.
We regret we are unable to acknowledge receipt of applications.
A STAR ALLIANCE MEMBER
Visit our website: www.aircanada.ca