This job is no longer available
Aerospace Operations Director
Six Figure Package
South West France
An outstanding opportunity for an experienced and committed Operations Director to join a successful leading aerospace business at a senior level.
Headquartered in the UK but with a strong global presence, our client is one of Europe’s largest manufacturing businesses in the aerospace sector and is a Tier 1 supplier to a number of the world’s best-known names in the industry.
Continued expansion and a strong pipeline of business has led to the requirement for an Operations Director to oversee operations across several main manufacturing sites in France. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer in the UK, this position is a key leadership role which will provide the successful candidate with wide ranging challenges and responsibility.
- Management of a team of six direct reports with overall responsibility for all operational matters across various development and manufacturing sites in France;
- Taking a hands-on, practical approach to ensuring the highest possible standard of quality and delivery, improving operational excellence and embedding best practice across the French operations;
- In conjunction with the Supply Chain Director, oversight of a complex assembly and delivery schedule which supports a number of high-profile aerospace development programmes, and setting the direction for global supply chain issues.
- A strong track record as a senior Operations Manager or Director, ideally with extensive experience of the aerospace sector; knowledge and experience of working in a complex lean manufacturing environment and the ability to create a strong operational footprint.
- Experience of working in France, with a sound knowledge of French working practices and business culture. Fluent French language skills, and the ability and willingness to live in the South of France on a full-time basis are essential.
- Educated to degree level, with the ability to understand both the detailed and the strategic; comfortable handling a wide variety of stakeholders, both internal and external, and with well-developed influencing and collaboration skills. An ability to develop effective working relationships across all levels within the organisation is vital.
To apply for this position please click on the ‘apply’ button, or for a confidential discussion please call Jim Robinson on 020 7518 2685.