This job is no longer available
Being the Head of Programme Delivery for one of the worlds busiest airports is a demanding role, that’s why at Serco, we are only looking for the very best to join us. We are looking for an exceptionally strong leader to support our ongoing success in our Dubai Airport Navigation Service (DANS) contract. By leading all members of the DANS Programme Delivery Department in all elements of the program and project portfolios across Communication Navigation Surveillance (CNS and ATM) you will ensure we meet the requirements of Dubai Airports’ vision to 2020 and beyond.Key elements of this Department Head position will be providing leadership and people management support to the team by managing team performance, reviewing feasibility and option study reports from ATM Development, assessing the feasibility of projects and delivering the right projects that meet the business and operational needs.
As the successful candidate, you will be required to determine the optimum delivery schedule for the implementation of the programme and steer the direction through oversight of project planning and other related activities to ensure timely and quality delivery of CNS/ATM projects in line with the strategic goals of DANS ATM and Operational Evolution Plan. You will have solid experience preparing and presenting annual budgets within an agreed budgetary framework and will therefore be confident presenting the budget and its framework at DANS associated bodies, governing committees, and regulatory organisations as required.
To be successful in this key role you will have:
- Degree from an accredited university in Project Management or equivalent
- Extensive programme management experience at a major international airport or within a major air navigation services provider preferred
- Experience of establishing and managing a PMO
- Formal qualification in PRINCE 2, Six Sigma or equivalent
- Deep knowledge of ATC environment and future ATM developments and concepts preferred
- Knowledge of programme control and project management methodologies and techniques
- Sound working knowledge of the SQMS
- An ability to make correct decisions in a high intensity work environment
- Strong and natural financial acumen
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
- Strong Leadership / Managerial skills