Chief Flight Instructor
The Chief Flight Instructor (CFI) is based at the sub-contracted flight training provider in Kavala, Greece but employed by Alpha Aviation Group (AAG). As well as the supervision of Flight Training the CFI will also act as the Safety Officer of AAG at the sub-contracted flight training provider’s location
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supervision of all flight instructors delivering instruction to AAG cadets and for the standardisation of such flight instruction.
- The monitoring of student pilot performance and when necessary, instigation and supervision of remedial training.
- Recommending changes and improvements to flight training syllabi.
- Uphold and maintain the professional standards of all flight instructors and students under flight training.
- Ensuring effective liaison between the Safety Management Systems of AAG and the sub-contracted flight training provider as detailed in the appropriate Annex to the Operations Manual.
Key skills and knowledge required:
- Hold an JAR/EASA Commercial Pilot License.
- A class rating, instrument rating and flight instructor rating for single-engine piston aircraft.
- Have completed at least 1000 hours as pilot-in-command, of which a minimum of 500 hours will be as Flight Instructor.
- Valid Class 1 medical
- Possess a sound managerial capability
- Have a good understanding of Safety Management System (SMS).
- Unrestricted right to live and work in the EU
Behavioural Competencies required of the individual:
- Planning and Organising
- Judgement & Decision making
Additional relevant information:
Preference will be given to candidates with previous managerial experience and to those who hold a flight examiners (FE) qualification.
The successful candidate will be subject to security checks for the issue of an airside pass and for the issue of a UAE visa (as may be required to travel frequently to UAE).