This job is no longer available
Manager Cargo Services – Freighter and Ops Support
Reports to: General Manager Cargo Services
Cathay Pacific’s freighter fleet comprises 22 B747-8F/ERF/400F, flying to >40 freighter ports. With cargo operations also in every CX/KA passenger port, our systemwide network exceeds 90 cargo stations. We are one of the largest air cargo carriers in the world, and have built our brand not only on the breadth of network, but also on expert and reliable operational capabilities.
We are seeking a high-calibre, experienced individual to join our Cargo Services team in Hong Kong to drive both our head office and network capabilities to the next level.
- To manage all Cargo-responsible aspects of CX freighter operations to the very highest standards of safety and operational quality.
- To provide outstanding head office support and training/learning resources to our cargo teams and staff worldwide, in respect not only of freighter and ramp handling, but of all Cargo Services policy, procedure, processes and system.
- You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the requirements of the company’s Safety and Quality policy and management systems, in the operation of these head office units.
- Ownership of Freighter Aircraft Handling Manual (AHM) and all policy, procedure and standards relating to freighter loading and ramp operations;
- Ownership of Freighter Load Control system (ALPS) and procedures;
- Consistent delivery of the highest standards of safety, operational quality and performance in our network-wide freighter operations, which at all times will comply with regulatory requirements, conform with company policy and meet or exceed industry best practice;
- Provision of outstanding head office support to outports:
- response to outport enquiries addressed to the CGO#QUA email address;
- support of new port start ups, GHA changeover, charter operations etc;
- Cargo Performance Management Programme (CPMP) for ports with identified performance issues;
- continuous and proactive identification of areas requiring development or improvement, and delivery of solutions and resources to support such improvement;
- Development and delivery of training and development programmes and other resources appropriate to equip our worldwide cargo operations team with the functional skills and competencies required for CX Cargo to excel.
- Tertiary education would normally be expected but is not essential given the highest levels of experience and demonstrated performance;
- Minimum 10 years airline experience, both in head office as well as line operations, and specifically including cargo and freighter ramp/loading ops expertise;
- Very strong skills of problem diagnosis, solution, decision making, follow-up and execution – both in an operational and an organisational context;
- Self-motivated, energetic and action-oriented;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and self-assurance, able to interact confidently and authoritatively at an expert and professional level with senior-level counterparts both internal (CSD, FOP, ENG, IMT, PNL etc) and external (authorities, industry groups ie IATA, manufacturers and suppliers.)
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
To apply please click on the 'Apply now Button'