This job is no longer available
Design Project Engineer – Avionics / Mechanical
We are inviting applications from Design Project Engineers to join our EASA Part 21J, approved Design Organisation in Redhill, Surrey. As part of Bristow Technical Services, the Design Organisation provides technical and design expertise in support of the Bristow Group and to our External Customers.
Responsible to the Head of Design, your duties will include but not limited to :
- Researching and designing aircraft modifications that meet future operational or mandatory requirements;
- Compiling and/or approving design documentation under the Organisation’s EASA Part 21, Subpart J Approval;
- Ensuring design work meets compliance with appropriate approvals and airworthiness requirements;
- Delivering Project Management of modification programmes;
- Working closely with Bristow’s EASA Part 21G Approved Production Organisation on manufacturing issues and modification kit production;
- Providing technical support and rectification action in response to operational problems, incidents and AOG situations, ensuring safety and airworthiness whilst minimising operational disruption and costs;
- Liaising with internal Departments, Aircraft Manufacturers, Equipment Vendors and Regulatory Bodies;
- Collaborating with Technical Specialists, as required, in relation to the interdisciplinary aspects of design projects;
- Reviewing technical documents issued by Aircraft Manufacturers, Equipment Vendors and Regulatory Bodies, assessing the implications and implementing the appropriate actions to ensure continued compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Negotiating, as necessary, with regulatory authorities to obtain approval for major modifications;
- Representing the company, on a technical basis, at industry working groups, meetings and conferences.
Skills / Experience
- Aviation related, Engineering Degree, HND or other Professional Qualifications and knowledge equivalent to an EASA B1.3/B2 License Holder;
- Previous experience in an aviation related engineering design / development role. Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate suitability to hold CVE status within an EASA Part 21J
- Design Organisation;
- Must be thorough, detailed and analytical in approach to work with an ability to provide innovative solutions to problems;
- Strong, demonstrable negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative or/and as part of a team;
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to changing demands;
- Able to make clear-cut decisions and communicate these effectively;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Web Based Software;
- A working knowledge of AUTO-CAD would be desirable.
To apply please submit an online application together with a covering letter and CV by clicking on the 'Apply now Button'