This job is no longer available
Flight Test Engineer (Rotary Wing) (AD 9)
Safety is our mission
The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) forms the core of the European Union’s strategy for aviation safety. EASA promotes the highest common standards in safety and environmental protection in civil aviation worldwide. Based in Cologne, Germany, the European agency employs more than 700 highly specialised professionals from across the continent.
As a Flight Test Engineer you will be part of the Certification Directorate and provide technical expertise and advice in dealing with the day-to-day regulatory activities for airworthiness and environmental protection certification projects being conducted by the Agency.
Your main tasks will be:
- Verifying demonstrations provided by applicants to ensure their compliance with applicable airworthiness and operational requirements in the domain of rotorcraft flight characteristics;
- Contributing to the approval of type certificates, supplemental type certificates, changes, repairs and service instructions on relevant products;
- Ensuring service defects are investigated and all necessary actions taken to maintain safety standards;
- Participating in the development of interpretations of existing requirements to cover new technologies, novel applications of existing technology, and novel proposals for compliance showing;
- Providing advice in the development of new airworthiness requirements, for policy and requirements development and interpretation in the flight discipline;
- Providing a source of assistance and expert advice within and outside the Agency.
Your profile: high-flyers of Europe
EASA recruits the brightest talents from all over Europe to ensure the highest safety and environmental standards in aviation.
You should have:
- A completed university degree or professional training in a relevant technical domain;
- Proven professional experience with a proven experience of flight test experience on rotorcraft;
- Flight test engineer Rotary Wing diploma from a professional flight test training institution and/or extensive professional experience of flying as flight test engineer during certification flight testing;
- Extensive knowledge of airworthiness certification and of technical and safety requirements relevant to aircraft and aircraft systems flight aspects;
- A good command of written and spoken English.
How to apply
For further information about EASA’s recruitment procedure and the conditions of employment, please consult our recruitment website and the official vacancy notice.
You can apply by clicking on the 'Apply now Button' and completing an application form and uploading a letter of motivation.
Applications close 06 September 2013, 23:55 CET.