This job is no longer available
CAE Parc Aviation on behalf of our client Cathay Pacificis seeking a professional experienced Senior Aircraft Projects Engineer for a full time position based in Hong Kong.
This is an urgent requirement with a closing date ofTuesday 27th August for CV applications.
The Aircraft Projects team is an integral part of the Engineering Department of Cathay Pacific Airways, and is responsible for providing cross-departmental Engineering support to a wide range of technical and commercial activities relating to the acquisition, lease and sale of aircraft for Cathay Pacific, Dragon Air and Air Hong Kong. An opportunity
exists for an experienced Engineer with broad technical and regulatory understanding combined with strong commercial and business aptitude to join our high performing team. This is a challenging role that offers good development opportunities.
• Identifying, negotiating and contracting advantageous technical terms and conditions for aircraft leases, purchase and sales contracts.
• Managing Aircraft Lessors and Lessees
• Supporting new aircraft RFP exercises to determine Engineering Department technical requirements
• Resolving lease return technical issues that require commercial solutions
• Ensuring the leased fleet is maintained in compliance with contractual requirements
• Management of retired aircraft component part-out agents.
• Consolidating Engineering Department technical and cost data to support new and used aircraft fleet evaluations.
• Degree holder in Engineering/Aerospace discipline or a Licensed Aircraft Engineer
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience desirable in an aircraft engineering or aerospace role
• Broad knowledge of aircraft technical systems, commercial evaluation, and regulatory requirements
• Able to lead technically related negotiations with third parties
• Able to interact and influence effectively across Airline Departments, OEM’s, and suppliers
• Able to innovate creative solutions to problems
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong driver and initiator of continuous process improvements
• Able to work effectively across teams, departments, OEM’s and suppliers
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to negotiate and influence
• Commercial and financial awareness
If you wish to be considered for these roles please apply online with an up to date CV by Tuesday 27th August 2013 at the latest.
You may also have a discreet discussion by contacting Sandra McGuirk.
Cathay Pacific’s Engineering Department is well respected for its outstanding reputation in aircraft maintenance with its dedication to providing the highest standards of safety, operational efficiency and reliability. We demand and expect the equipment we operate to deliver safe, cost-effective and industry best performance throughout its life. This is a major challenge in a highly competitive environment which demands extremely high levels of utilization from our aircraft. To help achieve our objectives and to cope with our rapid fleet and business expansion, we are inviting high caliber individuals with a strong and solid aviation technical background to join our renowned Hong Kong based Engineering Team.