This job is no longer available
Data Feeds Specialist
Flightglobal/Ascend is one of the world's leading providers of professional information and consulting services within the aviation industry. Our extensive databases cover aircraft fleets and values, airlines and GA operators, airports and more. With the expansion of our Data Feeds business, a new opportunity exists for a sales support professional with strong data skills to join the team. (www.flightglobal.com)
This varied role supports the Sales Team, customers and (where required) the Software Development Team in producing data extracts and analyses from the Flightglobal databases. The person will need to fully understand and document the customer requirements and be able to guide the customer / sales to the best solution including support on pricing. The role includes responsibility for delivery of the output on time and to specification; ensuring that customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- To understand and document in a Statement of Work, customer requirements
- To support the Sales Team with proposals /quotations, including price and delivery time.
- To extract and present and deliver the data as required, typically in a spreadsheet, but a range of formats are provided
- To communicate directly with customers to clarify requirements, feasibility and to deliver the final output
- To ensure all records are up to date so we know what has been promised or delivered to each customer
- To ensure that customers are completely satisfied with our Data Feeds service
Key Skills Required:
- Excel, Access and database skills.
- Capable of handling / processing large amounts of data accurately and quickly
- Excellent communication skills, able to engage with sales and customers
- Capable of working to deadlines
- Aviation knowledge (equipment, types and uses) is desirable but not essential
- High level of attention to detail, methodical and organised
This role would suit a person with a passion for working with information, who understands the importance of accuracy, completeness and presentation. Knowledge and interest in the aviation industry would be a significant advantage. You will need to be able to demonstrate experience of using Access and Excel. This is great opportunity to work and develop your career with a major information and consultancy player in the fast growing aviation sector.
Reed Business Information brings market leading brands to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Reed Elsevier is a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.
RBI General Benefits Package:
- Competitive Salaries
- Group Pension Scheme
- 29 Days Holiday
- Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
- Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
To apply please click on the 'Apply now Button'