Piping Design Engineer m/f - ref. KV/ADG
Generally responsible for performing all aspects for complete design of complex mechanical/piping assignments using theoretical knowledge and practical design methods. Work at this level requires extensive progressive experience in mechanical/piping design, involves applying advanced design techniques and analysis and a willingness to lead a design effort. This work will be performed under general supervision.
• Familiarity with and utilizing department design and drafting standards.
• Recognizing and communicating scope and design changes promptly.
• Developing the design and drafting of complex piping drawings given basic information such as P&ID’s,
GA’s, piping specifications, equipment drawings, etc.
• Performing field design work to ascertain current conditions, locate new systems, communicate with client
and assist in construction.
• Ability to perform survey/measurement tasks for existing equipment and piping.
• Preparing material take-offs from piping sketches for construction estimates.
• Planning and managing your site design activities for optimum results.
• On-site assistance during startup.
• Preparing man-hour estimates for your activities.
• Producing mechanical/piping installation specifications with engineering review and approval.
• Complete understanding of the skills and experience required to perform design functions.
• Associate degree in Engineering Technology or Computer-Aided Drafting.
• Position requires 5 years of relevant industrial experience in mechanical/piping drafting and design.
• Design of moderately complex process and utility piping systems.
• Knowledge and application of piping supports and restraints.
• Knowledge of good design practices for sizing all piping systems.
• Knowledge and understanding of work flow/information flow between disciplines.
• Ability to deliver convincing presentations of Hargrove Engineers + Constructors services.
• Working knowledge of 2D and/or 3D draft software Plantspace
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written in English is must. French is added advantage.
• Good presentation skills.
Location: Saint Nazzaire, France
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Contract: Permanent / Temperory