This job is no longer available
Head of Design / Chief of the Office of Airworthiness
BAC are a niche EASA 21J aviation design consultancy with a strong, employee focussed culture and highly professional work ethic. Currently experiencing strong growth in the civil airline, rotary wing and special mission sectors, we are seeking talented engineers to meet the growing demand of opportunities from within the UK and Europe. Additionally, through working with our Australian-based parent entity, opportunities exist to work as part of a global and dynamic team environment both locally and abroad. We seek candidates who are driven by the success of the team, but can work autonomously with confidence, and who are motivated by opportunities for both professional growth and career development.
BAC currently has the following permanent position available:
Head of Design & Chief of the Office of Airworthiness
Working in this small but dynamic and growing team environment, the successful candidate will fulfil the primary technical and leadership roles for the DOA. The candidate will be sufficiently experienced to be appointed as an EASA Form 4 holder for both key roles of Head of the Design Organisation and Chief of the Office of Airworthiness.
As part of the team, the candidate will be a strong Project Leader, technical mentor and manager within the organisation. He or she will be responsible for directing the technical activities performed under BAC’s DOA approval, and maintaining and improving the DOA processes and procedures in compliance with EASA Part 21J requirements.
The candidate will also be required to support the CEO and Operations Management functions of the company by assisting the development of quotes and contractual documentation, as well as Project and Client Management activities when required.
Above all the candidate will perform their role with integrity and have a strong sense of responsibility and pride both in their work and the work of the broader team.
The candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Tertiary Qualified in a recognised Aerospace Engineering discipline, or equivalent technical and on the job experience
- Strong background in either Interiors or Avionics is essential, with both being highly desirable
- Previous experience as a Form 4 holder in either role as a minimum, and able to meet EASA’s requirements as a Form 4 holder in both roles without further training and development
- Strong background and experience working as part of an EASA Part 21 Subpart J organisation
- Proven experience leading, mentoring and motivating small teams in a design office environment
- Experience working with recognised CAD programs
- Sound project management skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and a demonstrated history of working directly with customers at a senior level.
Completion of recruitment subject to EASA approval as a Form 4 holder as Head of the Design Organisation and Chief of the Office of Airworthiness. An interview with EASA will be required to complete this process.
£60k-£70k negotiable dependent on background and experience
To apply please click on the 'Apply now Button'