This job is no longer available
Make your career fly with Menzies Aviation!
Menzies Aviation is one of the largest independent suppliers of ground handling services, providing passenger, ramp and cargo services to many of the world’s leading airlines. We employ more than 18,000 employees serving over 500 airline customers at some 136 airports in 29 countries.
People are the heart of our business and key to all our success. We are looking for an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and dynamic individual to join our company which, despite its size, remains deeply committed to its core values and roots as a family business.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced General Manager seeking to develop their career and profile within Menzies Aviation via appointment at a strategically important Scottish station.
- Responsible for determining strategy as well as managing the overall financial and operational performance of the business.
- Liaising and building strong relationships with our 23 customers.
- Liaising and supervising ground handling managers to ensure the delivery of operational and financial objectives.
- Fostering the ‘Menzies Spirit’ while leading, developing and motivating staff to achieve set targets.
- Ensuring safe and secure operations in accordance with the highest possible standards of health, safety, security and al government statutory requirements.
- Maximising business potential and revenue, identifying and developing new business opportunities.
- Offer coaching and support to senior managers to develop and utilise their skills.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of airline industry, ground handling market and applicable airline regulatory standards.
- Must have experience of dealing with airline customers at senior level.
- Possess an ability to manage and direct a team of senior managers and display strong decision making skills.
- Strong financial planning and budgeting skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently and to tight deadlines.
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities.
To apply please click on the 'Apply now' button
I regret to advise that only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted