This job is no longer available
C17 Technician (Airframe/Propulsion)
Brize Norton, UK
Boeing Defence UK is seeking experienced Boeing C-17 technicians/mechanics to undertake airframe and propulsion, maintenance activities in support of Royal Air Force 1st Line (Organizational Level) maintenance at RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire, UK. Ideally candidates should have evidence of prior Boeing C-17 training from an accredited training centre.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Assembles disassembles and/or modifies systems by changing removing replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes.
- Oversees/completes assembly disassembly or overhaul.
- Configures aerospace vehicles and test equipment.
- Troubleshoots complex aircraft systems to isolate mechanical faults and repair faulty components within guidelines published in authorized maintenance documents.
- Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components.
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g. repairs test results applicable modifications and inspection results).
- Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements.
- Works under general direction.
- Proficient computer skills, use of the Microsoft Office suite, demonstrated written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required.
You should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
Adaptability Airplane Systems Customer focus Maintenance & Retrofit Managing Work Managing Work Repair Processes and Concepts Repair Processes and Concepts Safety Awareness Troubleshooting Work Standards
Basic Qualifications for Consideration
Do you have current rights to live and work in the UK?
Require General Certificate of Secondary Education in 4 subjects or more or some related experience; Or an equivalent combination of education and experience. It will be advantageous to have completed formal training at an accredited C-17 training facility.
Other job related information
Boeing is seeking a dual skilled technician (airframe/propulsion systems); offers will be made to suitable candidate based on skill and experience. NOTE: Initial employment will be for a 9-month fixed term, with potential for further extension. This job may be level XC or XD and will determined by the level of experience and qualifications of the selected candidate, in relation to the scope and responsibility of the position.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Applicant must list all of the Countries in which you are a citizen. If you have work authorisation for a country that you are not a citizen of, please explain this on the top of your resume. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll.