This job is no longer available
The purpose of this position is to maintain Training Devices to regulatory and company standards, ensuring that Devices are ready for training and Training Centre Customers are provided with professional technical support.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Performs pre-flight tasks
- Performs preventative maintenance functions
- Conducts troubleshooting and corrective maintenance activities on training devices
- Performs training device updates (Software and Hardware)
- Ensures documentation procedures are completed
- Provides total customer support service, that can include accompanying customers through instructor station training and during dry training operations
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must be able to climb a ladder on the motion base superstructure to maintain or replace visual components (visual displays, etc.). The employee must also work in tight quarters (control columns, center pedestals).
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision differentiation for material creation and review, and the ability to adjust focus while reading small print, schematic drawings, and other graphics materials.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
You should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Collaboration: Undertakes team assignments with other technicians, providing task and activity guidance and assistance within the immediate work team.
- Communication: Manages effective flow of information, uses appropriate style, contributes to meetings and group settings. Good written and verbal skills.
- Customer Focus: Anticipates and responds to changing customer requirements and expectations. Enterprise/Resourcefulness: Identifies patterns and trends to generate ideas and solutions.
- Professional/Technical Expertise: Has thorough knowledge of, and can demonstrate technical and functional skills, enabling effective decision-making.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration
Are you eligible to work and reside in the UK?
Associates Degree, Higher National Diploma/Certificate (HND/HNC) or other equivalent experience
Advanced training in the skills, disciplines or processes used, with proven experience with military or commercial simulators.
Other job related information
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. IT IS NOT FOR AN EXPAT ASSIGNMENT. Benefits and pay are determined in line with local country labor market practices. Please list all of the Countries in which you are a citizen and/or have work authorization for on the top of your resume.
To apply please click on the 'Apply now' button