This job is no longer available
Air Traffic Control/Operations Personnel (two posts)
These posts may involve long-term posting to the United Arab Emirates
Due to increasing success and demand for our Services, Cyrrus Ltd has a vacancy for an aviation-orientated individual, experienced in Air Traffic Control (ATC), Aerodrome Operations and associated Operational Safety roles.
- Core tasks and responsibilities for this position include:
- Research and document reports on Aviation Studies applicable to:
- Airspace Change Processes/Proposals;
- Airport developments – green-field, brown-field and developing sites.
- Undertaking Feasibility Studies, audits and analyses associated with Aviation Operations.
- Undertaking Safeguarding assessments and prepare associated reports.
- Providing safety management guidance on ATC and aerodrome-related projects;
- Project Management and project costs control.
- Project support for other non-specialization projects.
Following appropriate training, using specialized computer software to analyse impact and results of public infrastructure developments on airport operations;
Required Experience and Skills
The applicant for the position must possess the following qualifications and training experience:
- Have at least 5 years’ experience as a Civilian or Military ATCO;
- Obtained an ATC rating (Civil) or been endorsed (Mil) in Approach (Surveillance) and Tower disciplines;
- Have received formal training in Safety Management Systems.
Be Expert in:
- ATC Operations (En-route and Terminal) and Procedures;
- Aerodrome layout and design criteria, requirements and recommendations;
- Producing high quality written work, using MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook and SharePoint).
Be Skilled in the working methodologies of:
- Major International Airports;
- Regional Airports;
- General Aviation Aerodromes;
- Military Aerodromes;
- Future ATM Developments;
- Safety Management Systems and Safety Assurance.
Have a good knowledge of
- Airspace Planning;
- European and UK Airspace policy –eg SES, FAS, LAMP.
- UK CAA Structure and responsibilities;
- ICAO Requirements.
Preference will be given to applicants with a knowledge of:
- PANS-Ops criteria;
- Using CAD design software (eg AUTODesk Products);
- Safety assurance and safety case development within CNS/ATM;
To apply please click on the 'Apply now' button